Don't say you haven't...
Thursday 09 October 1997
seen... The Roald Dahl Treasury. The National Theatre's acting company reads favourite Dahl stories. His main illustrator will draw them as they're being told. Oliver Theatre, South Bank SE1. Booking: 0171-928 2252.
Tickets pounds 3.50.
been... to the MC Escher exhibit at the Croydon Clock Tower. Tangle your brain trying to muddle through his visual mazes that recently have been on everything from T-shirts to mugs. Information: 0181-253 1030.
heard... Homer Simpson. Are you a fan of that loveable donut grazing dad from the absolutely brilliant, scarily true cartoon The Simpsons? Then tune in to Simon Mayo on Radio 1 from 9am-noon. Doh!
sportBayern Munich 2 Manchester City 3: City come from two down to beat reigning European Champions
newsAs the world remembers Mandela the hero, the prison where he spent 27 years seems all the more brutal
arts + ents... and a chance to paint Booker Prize winning author Hilary Mantel
danceUnder Tamara Rojo's inspired direction, it seems possible that it could challenge the dominance of the Royal Ballet. We meet some established names and rising stars
travelDiscover Uruguay's jet-set beach resort, an Atlantic enclave with plenty of art and culture to explore on the side
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
£22000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Junior/Grad C# .NET Wi...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer (VB6,.NET, SQL, Winforms) Wokin...
£35999 - £44001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top Tier practi...
£41000 - £46000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Academically Exce...