Fashion: Army dreamers
Go out on manoeuvres in khaki this summer - shades of beige, green and brown all come under the banner, so it needn't look uniform. Styling by Lucy Ewing. Photographs by Jane McLeish
Saturday 12 June 1999
Above boiler suit, pounds 355, by Kostas Murkudis, from Liberty, 210-220 Regent Street, London W1, enquiries 0171-734 1234
Far left dress, to order, by Robert Cary-Williams, from The Pineal Eye, 49 Broadwick Street, London W1, enquiries 0171-434 2567
Above sleeveless sweatshirt, pounds 83, by Sportmax, from Maxmara, 32 Sloane Street, London SW1, Selfridges, 100 Oxford Street, London W1, enquiries 0171-629 1234; chinos, pounds 85, Adriano Goldschmeid, from Browns Focus, 38-39 South Molton Street, London W1, enquiries 0171-629 0666, Geese, 74 Bridge Street, Manchester, enquiries 0161 839 3921
Left jacket with detachable collar, pounds 350, Helmut Lang, from Selfridges as before, Limeys, 58 Bridalsmithgate, Nottingham, enquiries 0115 941 1751
Stylist's assistant Justine Gilbert
Hair and make-up Debbie Stone at Premier using Nars
Model Mia at Select
Life & Style blogs
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading supplier of compliance software a...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Associate System Engineer r...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Executive Assistant is required to join a l...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...