Fashion: Army dreamers
Go out on manoeuvres in khaki this summer - shades of beige, green and brown all come under the banner, so it needn't look uniform. Styling by Lucy Ewing. Photographs by Jane McLeish
Saturday 12 June 1999
Above boiler suit, pounds 355, by Kostas Murkudis, from Liberty, 210-220 Regent Street, London W1, enquiries 0171-734 1234
Far left dress, to order, by Robert Cary-Williams, from The Pineal Eye, 49 Broadwick Street, London W1, enquiries 0171-434 2567
Above sleeveless sweatshirt, pounds 83, by Sportmax, from Maxmara, 32 Sloane Street, London SW1, Selfridges, 100 Oxford Street, London W1, enquiries 0171-629 1234; chinos, pounds 85, Adriano Goldschmeid, from Browns Focus, 38-39 South Molton Street, London W1, enquiries 0171-629 0666, Geese, 74 Bridge Street, Manchester, enquiries 0161 839 3921
Left jacket with detachable collar, pounds 350, Helmut Lang, from Selfridges as before, Limeys, 58 Bridalsmithgate, Nottingham, enquiries 0115 941 1751
Stylist's assistant Justine Gilbert
Hair and make-up Debbie Stone at Premier using Nars
Model Mia at Select
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
£40000 - £55000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior C...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior A...
£29999 - £40001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A top independent...
£22000 - £26000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...