Fashion: Hot thing: the 504 `Jackie Brown' hat by Kangol
Wednesday 18 February 1998
Apparently, Mr Jackson is Kangol's number one fan. He can't get enough of the soft wool peaked caps. If Monica Lewinsky can sell a few thousand more berets for Donna Karan with a few paparazzi shots, just imagine what Mr Jackson will do for Kangol's sales when the movie is released here next month. It's enough to warrant the Key to the Lake District.
The story of Kangol is a strange one that has both baffled and delighted its founders. How could they have predicted that their 50-odd-year-old 504 cap and the terry towelling golfer's hat would become the most wanted accessories of the Eighties by the coolest of the rap pack? Now, with the help of Samuel L Jackson, it's happening for Kangol all over again. Tamsin Blanchard
Life & Style blogs
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
Fashion Revolution Day: wear your clothes inside out and ask #whomademyclothes to support worker welfare
The world's first edible garden of cake
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
- 1 Bruce Jenner's 'Interview of the year': Suicidal thoughts, rejection by family members and new wardrobe
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...