Fashion: Hot thing: the 504 `Jackie Brown' hat by Kangol
Wednesday 18 February 1998
Apparently, Mr Jackson is Kangol's number one fan. He can't get enough of the soft wool peaked caps. If Monica Lewinsky can sell a few thousand more berets for Donna Karan with a few paparazzi shots, just imagine what Mr Jackson will do for Kangol's sales when the movie is released here next month. It's enough to warrant the Key to the Lake District.
The story of Kangol is a strange one that has both baffled and delighted its founders. How could they have predicted that their 50-odd-year-old 504 cap and the terry towelling golfer's hat would become the most wanted accessories of the Eighties by the coolest of the rap pack? Now, with the help of Samuel L Jackson, it's happening for Kangol all over again. Tamsin Blanchard
Life & Style blogs
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...