All that glitters: Johnny Weir gets own makeup line
Wednesday 29 June 2011
The Olympic ice skater will be the face of MAC Cosmetics' Glitter and Ice holiday campaign later this year.
Weir, who became famous during last year's Winter Games, also because of his outrageous outfits like his fur-trimmed Elise Øverland number, joins MAC's flamboyant roster of spokesmodels including Lady Gaga, Dita von Teese, and Nicki Minaj.
A male athlete might be a surprising choice to many, but the singer Elton John - known, just like Weir, to use the brand for his performances - has posed for its campaigns in the past.
Weir is busy building his style empire, also working on new reality TV series Be Good Johnny Weir in the US.
MAC's choice reflects a current trend of gender-transcending campaigns in fashion and beauty.
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Life & Style blogs
Autumn Statement 2013: Car tax disc scrapped after 93 years
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
The 50 Best Christmas Gifts for Women
Flock star: A shepherd in the Lake District now has almost 20,000 Twitter followers
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits: PCR Recruitment Limited: Europ...
£12 - £14 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Morgan Hunt is working in partnership with o...
£69000 - £75000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Employment Lawyer 1-3 years ...