Azzedine Alaïa returns to the runway
Saturday 28 May 2011
One of the most reclusive designers in fashion is making a fashion week comeback during the haute couture shows in Paris, July 4-8.
Not much is known at this time, but according to Women's Wear Daily, Alaïa, who presents his designs very sporadically, plans to show a line of "semicouture," a term not commonly used that has his fans speculating.
This means hard luck for Giambattista Valli, the Italian designer just accepted onto the official haute couture schedule, since the main focus will now be on what the Tunisian fashion star - a favorite of the likes of Naomi Campbell, (who, it is hoped, may star in the upcoming show) - has in store.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...