Azzedine Alaïa returns to the runway
Saturday 28 May 2011
One of the most reclusive designers in fashion is making a fashion week comeback during the haute couture shows in Paris, July 4-8.
Not much is known at this time, but according to Women's Wear Daily, Alaïa, who presents his designs very sporadically, plans to show a line of "semicouture," a term not commonly used that has his fans speculating.
This means hard luck for Giambattista Valli, the Italian designer just accepted onto the official haute couture schedule, since the main focus will now be on what the Tunisian fashion star - a favorite of the likes of Naomi Campbell, (who, it is hoped, may star in the upcoming show) - has in store.
Life & Style blogs
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
The 10 Best kitchen knives
Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
Kim Jong-ale: How did Ushers brewery of Trowbridge end up in North Korea producing Pyongyang's number one beer - and what did it take to set up a taste test back in Wiltshire?
- 1 Pet cat puts three family members in hospital after launching frenzied attack
- 2 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
- 5 Cover up! Mother told to show less cleavage during Disneyland family trip: 'Are we supposed to wear turtlenecks our whole lives?'
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...