Azzedine Alaïa returns to the runway
Saturday 28 May 2011
One of the most reclusive designers in fashion is making a fashion week comeback during the haute couture shows in Paris, July 4-8.
Not much is known at this time, but according to Women's Wear Daily, Alaïa, who presents his designs very sporadically, plans to show a line of "semicouture," a term not commonly used that has his fans speculating.
This means hard luck for Giambattista Valli, the Italian designer just accepted onto the official haute couture schedule, since the main focus will now be on what the Tunisian fashion star - a favorite of the likes of Naomi Campbell, (who, it is hoped, may star in the upcoming show) - has in store.
As Voltaire once said, “Ice cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn’t illegal”
Life & Style blogs
Movie pirate given almost 3 years in prison for filming Fast & Furious 6 in back of cinema
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
Doctors tell Treasury of their anger at rejection of pay reviews
Exclusive: Tickets for Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in London are not on ‘sale’
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Engineer - CCNP, Hedge Fu...
£60000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Senior Network Engineer-CCIE, Mul...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Infrastructure Engineer (...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Engineer (CCNP, BGP, Mult...