Azzedine Alaïa returns to the runway
Saturday 28 May 2011
One of the most reclusive designers in fashion is making a fashion week comeback during the haute couture shows in Paris, July 4-8.
Not much is known at this time, but according to Women's Wear Daily, Alaïa, who presents his designs very sporadically, plans to show a line of "semicouture," a term not commonly used that has his fans speculating.
This means hard luck for Giambattista Valli, the Italian designer just accepted onto the official haute couture schedule, since the main focus will now be on what the Tunisian fashion star - a favorite of the likes of Naomi Campbell, (who, it is hoped, may star in the upcoming show) - has in store.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Healthy living could have prevented half a million cancer cases over last five years
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
- 1 PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
- 2 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 3 The Grace Dent Christmas Questionnaire
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Vagina canoe artist defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing Executiv...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An international organisa...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...
£70000 - £75000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager/Marketi...