Beauty makeover: Nars revamps e-commerce
Saturday 23 July 2011
It seems as if brands are busy polishing up their websites before the big September rush: after Balenciaga, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Dolce & Gabbana relaunches, it is the fashion crowd's darling beauty label Nars that has unveiled a bigger and better online destination.
In addition to artistic new photography and rich visuals of its products - like the cult Orgasm blush or Turkish Delight lip gloss - the brand has mainly improved interactive features: you will find tutorials, behind-the-scenes footage, and advice from founder François Nars, who of course also enlisted his now-famous French bulldog Marcel for numerous photo shoots.
Also, online shopping on the site should become a whole lot easier due to a quicker check-out process, better search functions, and iPhone/iPad compatibility.
Die-hard fashion fans might recognize the new site's aesthetic: the masterminds behind it are CREATETHE Group, also responsible for the websites of NOWNESS, Marc Jacobs, and Alexander Wang.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Heavy metal producer's corpse to be mutilated by models as per his dying wish
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Nineteen-year-old student left gifts for parents before taking her own life
- 4 Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
- 5 Winston Churchill: From accusations of anti-Semitism to the blunt refusal that led to the deaths of millions
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 25 days holidays & pension: Ashdown Group: PHP Web...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in London, Manchester, Br...