Beauty makeover: Nars revamps e-commerce
Saturday 23 July 2011
It seems as if brands are busy polishing up their websites before the big September rush: after Balenciaga, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Dolce & Gabbana relaunches, it is the fashion crowd's darling beauty label Nars that has unveiled a bigger and better online destination.
In addition to artistic new photography and rich visuals of its products - like the cult Orgasm blush or Turkish Delight lip gloss - the brand has mainly improved interactive features: you will find tutorials, behind-the-scenes footage, and advice from founder François Nars, who of course also enlisted his now-famous French bulldog Marcel for numerous photo shoots.
Also, online shopping on the site should become a whole lot easier due to a quicker check-out process, better search functions, and iPhone/iPad compatibility.
Die-hard fashion fans might recognize the new site's aesthetic: the masterminds behind it are CREATETHE Group, also responsible for the websites of NOWNESS, Marc Jacobs, and Alexander Wang.
Life & Style blogs
The mother who never gave up on her child abused by the Oxford child sex ring
Britain scrapes into top 25 countries in the world to be a mother in Save the Children report
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
- 1 'Fire at every person you see': Israeli soldiers reveal they were ordered to shoot to kill in Gaza – even if the targets may have been civilians
- 2 Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil
- 5 Met Gala 2015: Beyoncé manages to out-skimp Rihanna, Miley and Kim Kardashian combined with near-naked ensemble
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Are you great at building rela...
£20000 - £22000 per annum + excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Sup...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Uncapped Commission: SThree: Do you want to get in...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Manager - Birmingham - ...