Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
The 17-year old will star in a series of online "beauty tutorials" for the cosmetics behemoth L'Oreal
Belgium may be out of the World Cup, but for a young Belgian supporter the competition has only just started after beauty giant L'Oreal spotted her among the crowd.
Axelle Despiegelaere, a 17-year old Belgium football fan, made headlines after she was photographed in her Red Devils outfit during the group stages of the World Cup.
UPDATE: Ms Despiegelaere modelling contract has been terminated after photographs of the 'World Cup Beauty' on hunting trip sparked outrage
The photographs not only went viral, but have also made her the star of L'Oreal's latest social media campaign in Belgium and she has already filmed her first "beauty tutorial" for the brand.
The video has been watched more than 437,200 times since it was posted on L'Oréal Professionnel Belgique's Youtube channel on Tuesday. The tutorial shows her in a beauty salon getting a blow dry and a full hair treatment.
However, contrary to internet speculation, Ms Despiegelaere has not been signed as a brand ambassador for L'Oreal Paris, a spokesperson for the company told France's L'Express Style.
L'Oréal is the world's biggest beauty company with a cosmetics empire ranging from make-up to hair and skin products. It also known for its multi-million dollar modelling contracts and high-profile ambassadors, including Jennifer Lopez and Blake Lively.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat got rid of the Best Friends feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Food secrets: the good, the bad...and the faeces
Pot of gold: tasting the world’s most expensive tea
Taylor Swift’s Twitter and Instagram accounts hacked, apparently by Lizard Squad
Selfie-obsessed men may be narcissistic psychopaths, study finds
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Executive - Wim...