Bloglovin' Awards announced
Monday 14 February 2011
According to more than 250,000 online voters, Fashiontoast, The Sartorialist, and Who What Wear are among the most popular fashion blogs.
Rumi Neely, who won both Best Personal Style Blog and Blog of the Year for Fashiontoast, has maybe been most successful in turning a style diary into a business by starring in Forever21's fashion ads, among many other gigs she bagged thanks to her popular site.
Meanwhile, longtime street photographer Scott Schuman, who forms a match made in blogging heaven with fellow style clicker Garance Doré, was awarded the Best Streetstyle trophy for The Sartorialist, and Who What Wear was named Best News Blog.
Chances are you already knew about the above blogs. Enter this year's newcomers: the Man Repeller, a blog entirely dedicated to the kind of fashion that won't catch the guys' eyes, awarded with Most Original Blog, and The Blonde Salad by Italian blogger Chiara, which won Newcomer of the Year.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 30 days holiday: Ashdown Group: Finance Manager - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...