Bloglovin' Awards announced
Monday 14 February 2011
According to more than 250,000 online voters, Fashiontoast, The Sartorialist, and Who What Wear are among the most popular fashion blogs.
Rumi Neely, who won both Best Personal Style Blog and Blog of the Year for Fashiontoast, has maybe been most successful in turning a style diary into a business by starring in Forever21's fashion ads, among many other gigs she bagged thanks to her popular site.
Meanwhile, longtime street photographer Scott Schuman, who forms a match made in blogging heaven with fellow style clicker Garance Doré, was awarded the Best Streetstyle trophy for The Sartorialist, and Who What Wear was named Best News Blog.
Chances are you already knew about the above blogs. Enter this year's newcomers: the Man Repeller, a blog entirely dedicated to the kind of fashion that won't catch the guys' eyes, awarded with Most Original Blog, and The Blonde Salad by Italian blogger Chiara, which won Newcomer of the Year.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# ASP.NET Open Source...
£65000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading prov...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Teacher of English - U...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...