Carine Roitfeld has a new job, writes book
Friday 25 March 2011
Check out the latest fashion book releases and find out about Roitfeld's first gig after leaving
French Vogue's former editor Carine Roitfeld, who just confirmed that she will be styling the catalogue for Barneys department store this fall, will release a 400-pages tome on her career in fashion so far. Edited by Purple's Olivier Zahm, Irreverent - which will sell for $67.50 starting October 4 - also lists the likes of Cathy Horyn and Anna Wintour as contributors. The book can be pre-ordered now on Amazon.
Janice Celeste, the mother and manager of top model Sessilee Lopez, has written a book on how to make it in the industry, which she self-published on lulu.com. Making A Supermodel: A Parents' Guide ($12.99) brings you the lowdown on the best agencies, tips on how to avoid scams, and prepares you for some very uncomfortable situations, such as observing models "dip cotton balls in orange juice and consum[ing] it to feel full."
The editors of celebrity style site Who What Wear have launched their second book called "What to Wear, Where: The How-to Handbook for Any Style Situation." Retailing for $12.24 on Amazon, this styling guide gives you specific advice on how to put together the perfect look for 50 different social occasions.
Life & Style blogs
Three in every four British men will be overweight by 2030, says World Health Organisation
Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
£35000 - £50000 per annum + generous bonus: Ashdown Group: Business Analytics ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Coordinator (Software Dev...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A global leader operating...