Celebrity fashion blogger to launch a teen magazine
Wednesday 17 November 2010
Fashion blogger Tavi Gevinson and former editor in chief of the now-defunct
Sassy magazine Jane Pratt are teaming up to create a new teen magazine slated for next year.
"You guys may know how I feel about Sassy. You also may know that I've been babbling about how I think our generation should get one, too. Jane Pratt, founding editor and then EIC of Sassy, also became aware, and emailed me, and we've met a couple times, and it looks like we're going to start a magazine for an audience of wallflowerly teenage girls," Gevinson announced via her blog Style Rookie on November 12.
The magazine's name has not yet been decided. However, it's been confirmed that there will be a dedicated website and three print issues per year. Gevinson told Women's Wear Daily that the site will launch in spring 2011 followed by the first print issue in fall 2011.
In Gevinson's own words, the new teen mag will be "for the people, by the people," and anyone interested in contributing can e-mail her with ideas. "We want to find the best possible group of people for this project, and a wide range of ages, styles, etc."
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£17340 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Come and join one of the UK's leading ca...
£18000 - £70000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity for a Fluent Chines...
£27000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to business growth, this is...