Emma Watson lands beauty deal
Tuesday 15 February 2011
Harry Potter star Emma Watson has been announced as the new face of beauty brand Lancôme.
Following the choices of more mature spokesmodels such as Julia Roberts, opting for Watson to represent its products could hint at the brand's repositioning towards a younger audience.
Watson, who has previously starred in fashion ads for Burberry and has worked together with eco-friendly brand People Tree, has tried to distance herself from her role as Hermione Granger in Harry Potter by getting a new pixie haircut and wearing high-fashion brands on the red carpet. Her beauty ads - which will be shot by Mario Testino, no less - are likely to help her get noticed as a woman who's fit for "grown-up" roles.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...