Emma Watson lands beauty deal
Tuesday 15 February 2011
Harry Potter star Emma Watson has been announced as the new face of beauty brand Lancôme.
Following the choices of more mature spokesmodels such as Julia Roberts, opting for Watson to represent its products could hint at the brand's repositioning towards a younger audience.
Watson, who has previously starred in fashion ads for Burberry and has worked together with eco-friendly brand People Tree, has tried to distance herself from her role as Hermione Granger in Harry Potter by getting a new pixie haircut and wearing high-fashion brands on the red carpet. Her beauty ads - which will be shot by Mario Testino, no less - are likely to help her get noticed as a woman who's fit for "grown-up" roles.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...