Emma Watson lands beauty deal
Tuesday 15 February 2011
Harry Potter star Emma Watson has been announced as the new face of beauty brand Lancôme.
Following the choices of more mature spokesmodels such as Julia Roberts, opting for Watson to represent its products could hint at the brand's repositioning towards a younger audience.
Watson, who has previously starred in fashion ads for Burberry and has worked together with eco-friendly brand People Tree, has tried to distance herself from her role as Hermione Granger in Harry Potter by getting a new pixie haircut and wearing high-fashion brands on the red carpet. Her beauty ads - which will be shot by Mario Testino, no less - are likely to help her get noticed as a woman who's fit for "grown-up" roles.
Life & Style blogs
DNA hope on schizophrenia: Research breakthrough points at over 100 genes
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
Man takes most pointless Uber cab ride of all time
- 1 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Scheme Manager (BREEAM)...
Flexible, depending on experience: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: T...
£850 - £950 per day: Orgtel: Programme Director - Conduct Risk - Banking - £85...
£100 - £110 per day: Orgtel: Project Coordinator/Order Entry Hampshire