Facebook beauty brands: five labels to watch
Tuesday 15 June 2010
From YouTube stars to eco-conscious supermodels: here are five of the most promising new beauty launches.
By Lauren Luke (32,416 fans): One of the biggest beauty success stories in recent years, UK's Lauren Luke first started selling makeup online in 2007. After customers asked more questions about how to use the products than the products themselves, Luke created her YouTube tutorial channel, Panacea81, which now has 60 million views and over 300,000 subscribers since her first upload.
GoodSkin Labs (3,334 fans): The affordable anti-aging line was founded in 2007 but is already an online shoppers' favorite: scientific credibility in combination with funky packaging made the brand's popularity soar in no time.
Josie Maran Cosmetics (2,224 fans): Model Josie Maran is one of those trying to make 'eco' sexy: her new formulas are created with organic and nontoxic ingredients.
Cover FX (669 fans): The full-coverage foundation, used on movie sets, comes in 30 shades and hides everything from acne to birthmarks and tattoos. Priced at $42, the product is available online and at Sephora stores.
All for Eve: A record four prizes at the CEW Awards in April are hinting at this becoming the next big thing. Proceeds of the affordable product range benefit cancer research: Nadia, the sister-in law of the brand's founder George Hammer, died from ovarian cancer in 2008.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
£35000 - £40000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: .Mid Level V...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Competitive Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Dig...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Car, Medical, Fuel + More!: Progressive Recruitmen...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits: Progressive Recruitment: An absolutely o...