Fashion agenda: brands launch home ranges in Milan, Burberry goes to Beijing
Saturday 09 April 2011
Here are some of the biggest fashion events and releases coming up over the next few weeks.
Fashion brands including Hermès, Frankie Morello, and Banana Republic, will launch home collections at the world's biggest interior design fair. The event is open to the general public on April 17.
Burberry goes Beijing
Beijing, China & International
The brand is readying a fashion-meets-technology extravaganza that will be broadcast live all around the world: following its Beijing store opening at the Sparkle Roll Plaza, Burberry will stage a show at the Beijing Television Center that will feature Brit rockers Keane, top models, and digital imagery including "life-like" holograms.
Opening Ceremony launches at Lane Crawford
The famous New York-based concept store sets up shop at the Hong Kong shopping destination with US-themed concepts that involve designs by Alexander Wang, Band of Outsiders, Pamela Love, Suno, Rodarte, and Chloé Sevigny. The pop-up will stay open for a month before continuing on to Beijing.
H&M Fashion Against Aids collection release
The Swedish retailer's yearly Fashion Against Age range is unisex this year and includes spring basics as well as trendy accessories. All designs will be available in H&M's Divided department and online, with 25 percent of sales donated to Designers Against Aids and various other international HIV/AIDS prevention projects.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
£48000 - £54000 per annum + Benefits package: Progressive Recruitment: My clie...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: If you're pa...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: SAP Business...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a...