Fashion designer to Princess Diana dies
Monday 27 September 2010
French-born fashion designer Catherine Walker, a favourite of Britain's late princess Diana, has died of cancer aged 65, Walker's family said on Sunday.
Walker died in hospital near her Sussex home, southern England, on Thursday.
Diana, who died in a Paris car crash in 1997, was buried in a black dress designed by Walker.
Walker's family said in a statement: "Catherine Walker overcame young widowhood and fought cancer twice with enduring bravery.
"She built one of the most successful British couture brands and at the same time raised a loving family. Catherine Walker has dressed many of the world's most beautiful women."
Life & Style blogs
Google Photos tags black people as 'gorillas', puts pictures in special folder
What is Lyme disease, what are the symptoms and is treatment readily available?
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal will donate entire $32bn fortune to charity
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for o...
£35000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leader provides c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...