Fashion designers create limited edition tees for Starbucks
Wednesday 21 September 2011
Starbucks has recruited a trio of American fashion designers to create a range of T-shirts for its 40th anniversary.
The designers - Alexander Wang, Sophie Theallet and Billy Reid - were selected as past winners of the Council of Fashion Designers of America/Vogue Fashion Fund (CVFF), which gives away grants to new and emerging American fashion designers.
Wang's T-shirt is a fun play on the coffee stain, with a milky coffee splotch splattered across the right side that tapers into the Starbucks logo, Siren.
Theallet, who has worked for Jean Paul Gaultier, captured the brand's ubiquity with a stylized map of the world, while Reid, who hails from the South, used a worn, broken-in tee as his canvas and placed the Siren logo on the shoulder.
The limited edition shirts are available at select Nordstrom stores across the US for $85 (€61) and will be sold at the online store http://www.starbucksstore.com/.
Meanwhile, last month, Krispy Kreme in the UK launched two donuts - strawberry and orange glaze - for London Fashion Week, and French luxury tea house Ladurée debuted its newest macaron gift box designed by British designer Matthew Williamson.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an innovative a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Production Technician is required to join a ...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for a Ne...
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: A very rare high level opportunity with a fir...