A charming experience
With a thoughtful sentiment behind every trinket, Dodo's jewellery is for the romantic at heart
Tuesday 08 January 2013
Charm bracelets and necklaces have been around since boho-chic graced
us with its happy-go-lucky self in the Seventies, but there has been a
surge in the popularity of trinkets of late.
Dodo, the brand founded in 1995 by the Italian jewellery company Pomellato, is big on charm and puts others to shame with the wonderful sentiments of its "talking" charms collection.
Made in the brand's Milan-based factory using different coloured gold, white and black diamonds and coloured stones, the trinkets themselves come in the form of letters or animals. Each carries its own meaning, which aims to speak the universal language of emotions.
Choose from the starfish, "handle with care"; swallow, "come back to me"; goose, "let's play" or rhino, "I'll look out for you" – among others.
The shopping experience, too, is very personal, the way the Italians like it.
The contemporary, yet playful interior of the Sloane Street store in London, designed by the architect Paola Navone, will make you feel as if you are in Italy yourself.
With nature at its heart, Dodo is a supporter of the World Wildlife Foundation giving a percentage of its turnover to the charity.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Dynamics CRM D...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Web Developer ...
£50000 - £67000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# R&D .NE...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...