A rose by any other name
Think pink with the sweetest palette of the season, says Emma Akbareian
Sunday 08 September 2013
Pink is the archetypal girl’s colour; pretty, soft and unapologetically feminine. It was on London’s catwalks that this shade made its mark for the season, sculptural in design at Simone Rocha, retro full-skirted looks at Roksanda Ilincic and with a hint of grunge at Topshop Unique. Pink comes with a spectrum of possibilities but this trend concerns itself with only the softest of candy colours.
A dusky rose coat is set to be the sell-out item of the season with high street stores including Marks and Spencer and Miss Selfridge clamouring to come up with their own versions of the catwalk inspired creations. To avoid making this look too girly avoid anything too frilly, instead more tailored pieces and even the odd item in latex will add an element of edge to what can otherwise be a sickly sweet look.
Photographer Claire Pepper
Stylist Emma Akbareian
Model Juliette at Models1
Hair and makeup Camilla Hewitt using MAC & Bumble & bumble
Set Design David Gardener
Photographer’s assistant Ciaran Woolacombe
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Broadmoor financial scandal: The £4m of NHS funds wasted at high-security hospital
- 1 Rowan Atkinson to sell £10 million McLaren 'supercar' he crashed into a tree and a lamppost
- 2 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 3 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...