A rose by any other name
Think pink with the sweetest palette of the season, says Emma Akbareian
Sunday 08 September 2013
Pink is the archetypal girl’s colour; pretty, soft and unapologetically feminine. It was on London’s catwalks that this shade made its mark for the season, sculptural in design at Simone Rocha, retro full-skirted looks at Roksanda Ilincic and with a hint of grunge at Topshop Unique. Pink comes with a spectrum of possibilities but this trend concerns itself with only the softest of candy colours.
A dusky rose coat is set to be the sell-out item of the season with high street stores including Marks and Spencer and Miss Selfridge clamouring to come up with their own versions of the catwalk inspired creations. To avoid making this look too girly avoid anything too frilly, instead more tailored pieces and even the odd item in latex will add an element of edge to what can otherwise be a sickly sweet look.
Photographer Claire Pepper
Stylist Emma Akbareian
Model Juliette at Models1
Hair and makeup Camilla Hewitt using MAC & Bumble & bumble
Set Design David Gardener
Photographer’s assistant Ciaran Woolacombe
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...