Agenda: Bally; DC Moore; Soho food feast; Nicola Roberts; Career-O-Matic
Sunday 12 June 2011
Fashion: There's still fire in the Bally
Some would say that fashion is a fickle mistress, so you don't get to celebrate 160 years in the business without knowing how to give your customers what they want. Enter Bally, purveyor of chic accessories to generations of the stealthily wealthy, which has launched a capsule collection to celebrate its landmark birthday. Bally-Rina, a refined selection of ballet flats and tote bags, is touched with whimsy while still providing the fit and comfort associated with the brand. All the shoes and bags are £175 and are available from bally.com
Face to watch: DC Moore
The 30-year-old playwright had a breakout Edinburgh hit with monologue Honest, and brutal candour is a hallmark of his burgeoning oeuvre. His latest, The Swan, is set around a fractious pub wake and will premiere at the National in July
Lexpionage: Cowellamity, n.
An event that appears to spell great and sudden disaster while in fact serving to sustain interest in clapped-out reality television formats. Cf. 'The Sun' for further explanation
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
Jessica Simpson, Myleene Klass, Jamie Oliver, Penny Smith
1. Last night I fell like a wooden puppet on a cobblestone street
2. Driving home on the motorway. Just seen a guy at the wheel, writing on a clip board. Hope he's noting down he's a prize p***k
4. Is there a formula for how long it takes to feel like you've never had a holiday? I want to be back in the bush (oh stop it).
Answers at the bottom of the page
App watch #22: The Waste Land
Put poetry in motion – and make printed-word snobs eat their verse – with this digital rendering of TS Eliot's philosophical epic. Alongside the virtuosic text, it includes a filmed performance from Fiona Shaw, audio readings including one by the author himself, interactive notes and 35 expert video perspectives. £7.99 from iTunes store
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
Food: Soho food feast
The fête goes fine dining at this al-fresco fundraiser featuring raffles, cake-baking competitions and grub from the likes of Polpo, St John Hotel and Bocca di Lupo. St Anne's Garden, Wardour Street, sohofoodfeast.co.uk
Music: Nicola Roberts
Are you yet to dance to the "Beat of My Drum"? Then may we suggest turning your ear to the Diplo-produced, blue-chip brat-pop of the Girl Aloud's debut single forthwith. Cheryl who, you say?
Want to trace the wavering critical fortunes of Hollywood's finest? Then website Slate has come up this brilliant graph tool analysing their careers via Rotten Tomatoes reviews: slate.me/kZ6Uub
MATCH THE TWEET: 1. JESSICA SIMPSON; 2.MYLEENE KLASS; 3. JAMIE OLIVER; 4. PENNY SMITH
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop after performer tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 George Galloway attacked on Notting Hill street by man 'shouting about the holocaust'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £69999 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Algo-Develo...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...