Agenda: Christopher Kane; Douglas Booth; Kapow Comic Con; Martin Creed; Nasty Cute
Sunday 27 February 2011
Fashion: Kane and able
He's been taking inspiration from SodaStreams, and Christopher Kane's prospects certainly couldn't be fizzier: having scooped the British Fashion Council's annual Fashion Fund award, the Scottish prodigy stole the show at London Fashion Week with his granny-chic crochet knits and sequinned sheer dresses adorned with liquid-filled plastic detailing. And lest anyone forget he has the commercial instinct to match his creative nous, today sees the Milan launch of his latest collection for Versace's revitalised diffusion line Versus – kan-ing it, indeed.
Face to watch: Douglas Booth
Douglas Booth More than the sum of his cheekbones, this model-cum-actor stirred nostalgia as an eerily convincing Boy George in Worried About the Boy, and will surely stir hearts as Christopher Isherwood's lover in the BBC's upcoming Christopher and His Kind.
Lexpionage: The F list, n.
The group of feckless celebrities who long ago gave up on promising careers to devote their time to pouting on Fashion Week front rows. Also includes the desperate progeny of genuine stars
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
Keith Chegwin, Katie Price, Russell Brand; Josie Long
1. Wow who knew Justin Beiber hated abortion? Unbelieberble!
2. Huge thanks for the welcome backs. Sadly, I'm still getting tons of hassle, Again. I'll just ignore it & see how we get on. But THANK YOU
3. So jealous of Russell Kane's legs haha
4. Should we have sold weapons to a dictator who sounds like George VI trying to pronounce the name of a cartoon duck
Answers at the bottom of the page
App watch: Bump
Bump has come a long way since its birth a couple of years ago. What started as an ingenious way to share phone contacts – simply bump two phones together and the data is synced – now does the same for photos, music and apps, while a text-messaging service allows unlimited texts between fellow bumpers. Free from iTunes store
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
Festivals: Kapow Comic Con
Fanboys of the nation unite for this London variant on the famed San Diego festival. Launched by Kick Ass scribe Mark Millar and taking place from 9-10 April, it will run the gamut of geekiness, from Marvel to Misfits
Music: Martin Creed
For a gig from the left-field, catch the mischievous Turner Prize-winning artist turned lo-fi punk musician as he plays a one-off gig at east London's Cafe Oto on Wednesday. Tickets from ticketweb.co.uk
Web: Nasty Cute
From a child-hating chick to an existentially confused bunny, creature discomforts abound on this droll photo blog, which gives scabrous inner voice to outwardly adorable animals nastycute.com
MATCH THE TWEET: 1. JOSIE LONG; 2. KEITH CHEGWIN; 3. KATIE PRICE; 4. RUSSELL BRAND
Life & Style blogs
Report finds English children among the unhappiest in world
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
- 1 Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >
Negotiable: Randstad Education Plymouth: JOB DESCRIPTION - NURSERY ROOM LEADER...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Developer, Chester, Banking, DI Studio, £450-...
£20000 - £30000 per annum + OTE £40 - £50K first year: SThree: SThree Group an...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...