Agenda: Fashion: Peter Pilotto; Bryony Kimmings; Chris Lilley; Justice; Nomad cinema
Sunday 27 March 2011
Fashion: Reach for the stars
Should you be sashaying off on a stylish sojourn, grab a hold of hot design duo Peter Pilotto's latest collection of luggage. For the second season of their rather magnificent collaboration with Belgian bag brand Kipling, they have once again targeted the intergalactic traveller, applying a Milky Way print to a selection of rucksacks and holdalls. It's one small step for man, but one giant leap for the humble backpack. From £57, 020 7299 9090, kipling.com
Face to watch: Bryony Kimmings
A veritable anti-ingenue, this hotly tipped performance artist's show Sex Idiot serves up STD stories, vagina synonyms and pubic hair call-outs. Following a hit Edinburgh Fringe run, it is at London's Soho Theatre, 6-16 April
Lexpionage: Felloweship, n.
The shared fascination with fanciful 20th-century period dramas, as evident in the second decade of the 21st century: thrives off one-dimensional characters and exhaustive attention to social etiquette
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
George Michael, Kirstie Allsopp, Cher, Pink
1. Face it paps, hackers and haters... the album will sell great, the tour will sell out in hours...
2. Tonight's cabbie wants to be chosen by the nation as the next Worzel Gummidge in a reality show TV show, he's singing at me as I type!
3. I'm tired! Nite lovelies! That includes lovelies that Don't love Me! Isn't life Fun!!!? xxx me
4. the woman that did my hair butchered it. i hate it. thanks for pointing out how much you all hate it, too. helpful.
Answers at the bottom of the page
App watch: #11 Story Time
Whether travelling the globe or straining under the workload, absent parents can assuage their guilt with this virtual book of nursery rhymes which they can read to their kids remotely via the iPhone microphone, while the little 'uns also enjoy interactive animations. Just don't try this at home. £2.39 from iTunes
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
TV: Angry Boys
Chris Lilley, the Aussie comic genius behind grotesque Home and Away spoof Summer Heights High, is back with a new mocku-series about male adolescents. Enjoy a taster at http://bit.ly/h4z1KD
Brace yourselves for the return of the French electro-heads whose new stomper, "Civilization", is as magisterial as they come. Catch the single soundtracking Adidas's new ad at bit.ly/fvsTn7 before its 4 April release
Film: Nomad cinema
For a Mother's Day treat that will sweep her off her feet, head to north London's Finsbury Park for this pop-up cinema's fancy-dress screening of Baz Luhrmann's comedy Strictly Ballroom. 7pm, whereisthenomad.com
MATCH THE TWEET: 1. GEORGE MICHAEL; 2. KIRSTIE ALLSOPP; 3. CHER; 4. PINK.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to cost the same, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the word become popular?
Every hospital patient will be given a barcode as part of plan to create a 'paper free' NHS
Ashley Madison leak reveals Cambridge as the UK's cheating capital
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the word become popular?
- 4 Isis releases graphic video showing four Shia 'spies' being burned alive in Anbar, Iraq
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award-winning company, whi...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique & exciting opp...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will be working with a 8 st...
£8000 - £12000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A unique opportunity has arisen ...