Agenda: Fashion: Peter Pilotto; Bryony Kimmings; Chris Lilley; Justice; Nomad cinema
Sunday 27 March 2011
Fashion: Reach for the stars
Should you be sashaying off on a stylish sojourn, grab a hold of hot design duo Peter Pilotto's latest collection of luggage. For the second season of their rather magnificent collaboration with Belgian bag brand Kipling, they have once again targeted the intergalactic traveller, applying a Milky Way print to a selection of rucksacks and holdalls. It's one small step for man, but one giant leap for the humble backpack. From £57, 020 7299 9090, kipling.com
Face to watch: Bryony Kimmings
A veritable anti-ingenue, this hotly tipped performance artist's show Sex Idiot serves up STD stories, vagina synonyms and pubic hair call-outs. Following a hit Edinburgh Fringe run, it is at London's Soho Theatre, 6-16 April
Lexpionage: Felloweship, n.
The shared fascination with fanciful 20th-century period dramas, as evident in the second decade of the 21st century: thrives off one-dimensional characters and exhaustive attention to social etiquette
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
George Michael, Kirstie Allsopp, Cher, Pink
1. Face it paps, hackers and haters... the album will sell great, the tour will sell out in hours...
2. Tonight's cabbie wants to be chosen by the nation as the next Worzel Gummidge in a reality show TV show, he's singing at me as I type!
3. I'm tired! Nite lovelies! That includes lovelies that Don't love Me! Isn't life Fun!!!? xxx me
4. the woman that did my hair butchered it. i hate it. thanks for pointing out how much you all hate it, too. helpful.
Answers at the bottom of the page
App watch: #11 Story Time
Whether travelling the globe or straining under the workload, absent parents can assuage their guilt with this virtual book of nursery rhymes which they can read to their kids remotely via the iPhone microphone, while the little 'uns also enjoy interactive animations. Just don't try this at home. £2.39 from iTunes
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
TV: Angry Boys
Chris Lilley, the Aussie comic genius behind grotesque Home and Away spoof Summer Heights High, is back with a new mocku-series about male adolescents. Enjoy a taster at http://bit.ly/h4z1KD
Brace yourselves for the return of the French electro-heads whose new stomper, "Civilization", is as magisterial as they come. Catch the single soundtracking Adidas's new ad at bit.ly/fvsTn7 before its 4 April release
Film: Nomad cinema
For a Mother's Day treat that will sweep her off her feet, head to north London's Finsbury Park for this pop-up cinema's fancy-dress screening of Baz Luhrmann's comedy Strictly Ballroom. 7pm, whereisthenomad.com
MATCH THE TWEET: 1. GEORGE MICHAEL; 2. KIRSTIE ALLSOPP; 3. CHER; 4. PINK.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
£75 - £90 per day + negotiable: Randstad Education Group: Are you a cover supe...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...