Beauty: Going for gold
Saturday 04 August 2012
1. Spun Gold Shape + Shine Balm
Add a little balm to your hair to give it a golden sheen.
£5.09, John Frieda, boots.com
2. Nail enamel in Gold Coin
Get the golden touch with this metallic polish. You could even go for Bronze and Silver to get in the medal spirit.
£6.49, Revlon, boots.com
3. Nano Gold Firming Treatment
Not your average moisturiser – this pricey product is formulated with gold particles as well as antioxidants and collagen-boosting extracts.
£280, Chantecaille, liberty.co.uk
4. Shimmering Cream eye colour in GD803
Achieve an iridescent eye by using a cream colour rather than powder. This works best in a metallic finish as the light pigments reflect.
£20.50, Shiseido, houseoffraser.co.uk
5. Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold
For a luminous glow to skin, apply this base infused with 24-carat gold, which aims to give an even finish.
£42, Guerlain, debenhams.com
6. 24/7 Waterproof liquid eyeliner in Eldorado
Why not experiment and try a golden liquid liner? It's surprisingly subtle when used thinly, adding just a sparkle.
£14, Urban Decay, houseoffraser.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...