Beauty: Going for gold
Saturday 04 August 2012
1. Spun Gold Shape + Shine Balm
Add a little balm to your hair to give it a golden sheen.
£5.09, John Frieda, boots.com
2. Nail enamel in Gold Coin
Get the golden touch with this metallic polish. You could even go for Bronze and Silver to get in the medal spirit.
£6.49, Revlon, boots.com
3. Nano Gold Firming Treatment
Not your average moisturiser – this pricey product is formulated with gold particles as well as antioxidants and collagen-boosting extracts.
£280, Chantecaille, liberty.co.uk
4. Shimmering Cream eye colour in GD803
Achieve an iridescent eye by using a cream colour rather than powder. This works best in a metallic finish as the light pigments reflect.
£20.50, Shiseido, houseoffraser.co.uk
5. Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold
For a luminous glow to skin, apply this base infused with 24-carat gold, which aims to give an even finish.
£42, Guerlain, debenhams.com
6. 24/7 Waterproof liquid eyeliner in Eldorado
Why not experiment and try a golden liquid liner? It's surprisingly subtle when used thinly, adding just a sparkle.
£14, Urban Decay, houseoffraser.co.uk
The Microsoft mogul told fans a few home truths during his Reddit AMA
Life & Style blogs
Office plants computer chips under workers’ skin instead of ID cards
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 3 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£100 - £150 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Year 3 Teacher Birmingham Jan 2015...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Lead Web Develo...
£21000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: Key Stage 2 tea...