Break out the brights: The best eyeshadow pencils
Eye colour is often neglected during the daytime – not least because of the time-consuming application. But the ease of colouring in eyelids with a crayon should be too much to resist, even for the cosmetically challenged.
Note: if you're adding a little bit of a lift to a daytime make-up look, avoid too much glitter.
With formulations that range from soft and creamy to glossy and high-impact, there's a range of shadow sticks to choose from in classic and on-trend colours. Simply draw a line – no steady hand needed – and quickly blend the colour with an eyeshadow brush before it dries.
(From middle right in picture)
1. Long-wear Cream Shadow Stick in Vanilla, £20, Bobbi Brown, bobbibrown.co.uk
2. Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Corcovado, £18, Nars, narscosmetics.co.uk
3. Ombre Blackstar 'Colour-Fix' Cream Eye Shadow in Fizzy Jade, £27.50, By Terry, spacenk.co.uk
4. Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Khaki, £20.50, Laura Mercier, spacenk.co.uk
5. Chubby Stick in Lavish Lilac, £16, Clinique, 0870 034 2566
6. Lid Last Shadow Eye Pen in Peach Pavé, £12, Pixi, pixibeauty.com
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Ed Miliband deemed less influential than One Direction's Louis Tomlinson by official Doncaster power list
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£16000 - £46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£9 - £13 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a s...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...