Break out the brights: The best eyeshadow pencils
Eye colour is often neglected during the daytime – not least because of the time-consuming application. But the ease of colouring in eyelids with a crayon should be too much to resist, even for the cosmetically challenged.
Note: if you're adding a little bit of a lift to a daytime make-up look, avoid too much glitter.
With formulations that range from soft and creamy to glossy and high-impact, there's a range of shadow sticks to choose from in classic and on-trend colours. Simply draw a line – no steady hand needed – and quickly blend the colour with an eyeshadow brush before it dries.
(From middle right in picture)
1. Long-wear Cream Shadow Stick in Vanilla, £20, Bobbi Brown, bobbibrown.co.uk
2. Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Corcovado, £18, Nars, narscosmetics.co.uk
3. Ombre Blackstar 'Colour-Fix' Cream Eye Shadow in Fizzy Jade, £27.50, By Terry, spacenk.co.uk
4. Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Khaki, £20.50, Laura Mercier, spacenk.co.uk
5. Chubby Stick in Lavish Lilac, £16, Clinique, 0870 034 2566
6. Lid Last Shadow Eye Pen in Peach Pavé, £12, Pixi, pixibeauty.com
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
£75 - £90 per day + negotiable: Randstad Education Group: Are you a cover supe...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...