Eye colour is often neglected during the daytime – not least because of the time-consuming application. But the ease of colouring in eyelids with a crayon should be too much to resist, even for the cosmetically challenged.
Note: if you're adding a little bit of a lift to a daytime make-up look, avoid too much glitter.
With formulations that range from soft and creamy to glossy and high-impact, there's a range of shadow sticks to choose from in classic and on-trend colours. Simply draw a line – no steady hand needed – and quickly blend the colour with an eyeshadow brush before it dries.
(From middle right in picture)
1. Long-wear Cream Shadow Stick in Vanilla, £20, Bobbi Brown, bobbibrown.co.uk
2. Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Corcovado, £18, Nars, narscosmetics.co.uk
3. Ombre Blackstar 'Colour-Fix' Cream Eye Shadow in Fizzy Jade, £27.50, By Terry, spacenk.co.uk
4. Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Khaki, £20.50, Laura Mercier, spacenk.co.uk
5. Chubby Stick in Lavish Lilac, £16, Clinique, 0870 034 2566
6. Lid Last Shadow Eye Pen in Peach Pavé, £12, Pixi, pixibeauty.com