Essentials: Kate Reardon, writer
Sunday 27 January 2008
As someone who works from home, my top style tip is to make sure you get dressed in the morning. I spend a lot of my life in pyjamas, but if I'm feeling slinky I'll wear a silk pair from Shanghai Tang (www.shanghaitang.com).
My favourite thing in my wardrobe is my jewellery. I love ancient pieces, which I get from Faustus (www.faustuslondon.com). I have a beautiful Hellenistic gold and garnet ring – it's more than 2,200 years old but it looks very modern.
I'm crazy about Christian Louboutin (www.christianlouboutin.fr) shoes – a fail-safe for special occasions. I also love the attention to detail on Anya Hindmarch's clothes (www.anyahindmarch.com).
When it comes to skincare, Sudocrem (www.sudocrem.co.uk) is ridiculously cheap and heals spots and sunburn overnight. And I'd also recommend an anti-ageing facial from Bharti Vyas' (www.bharti-vyas.com).
Kate Reardon's 'Top Tips for Girls' (Headline, £9.99) is out now
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An On-line Sales & Customer Ser...
£15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the largest hospitality companies...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As a result of significant cont...
£16575 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An excellent opportunity is ava...