How To Be Beautiful: Capitalise on stocking-filler sizes
Sunday 25 November 2012
To the best of my knowledge, I have never used up an entire bottle of nail polish. Long before the halfway mark, the contents have separated into an unrecognisable gloop. Likewise, lipsticks, glosses, face masks – the mere idea of calculating the cost of the half-full tubs and tubes that I've binned over the years is depressing.
Of course, most of these are items that you tend not to use daily, so it's no wonder the best-before date comes around faster than the bottom of the container. Conversely, I can't be the only one who seems to constantly run out of moisturiser, mascara and black eyeliner.
This is the time of year, then, to capitalise on dinky stocking-filler sizes. Perfect for when you know your fling with glittery nails is going to be short-lived or when you simply want to give something a trial, they also slip pleasingly into your handbag. And you can never discount the fun of holding a scaled-down bottle of shower gel and pretending to be a giant.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
- 4 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 5 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermeister and vodka
£35000 - £43000 Per Annum plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Principal Arboricu...
£17000 - £18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Trainee Digital Fo...
Highly Competitive Salary + Commission: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL BASED - DEALING ...