How To Be Beautiful: Capitalise on stocking-filler sizes
Sunday 25 November 2012
To the best of my knowledge, I have never used up an entire bottle of nail polish. Long before the halfway mark, the contents have separated into an unrecognisable gloop. Likewise, lipsticks, glosses, face masks – the mere idea of calculating the cost of the half-full tubs and tubes that I've binned over the years is depressing.
Of course, most of these are items that you tend not to use daily, so it's no wonder the best-before date comes around faster than the bottom of the container. Conversely, I can't be the only one who seems to constantly run out of moisturiser, mascara and black eyeliner.
This is the time of year, then, to capitalise on dinky stocking-filler sizes. Perfect for when you know your fling with glittery nails is going to be short-lived or when you simply want to give something a trial, they also slip pleasingly into your handbag. And you can never discount the fun of holding a scaled-down bottle of shower gel and pretending to be a giant.
Life & Style blogs
How psychopaths hide in plain sight – a psychological analysis of serial killer Dennis Rader
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
How I rescued my brain: Psychologist David Roland rewired his thoughts following a stroke
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 Muslim women's rights campaigner writes heartfelt letter to girls thinking of joining Isis
£14500 - £22800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Software Developer is required to join a lea...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: A first rate opportunity to join a top ranking...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Web Deve...