How To Be Beautiful: Capitalise on stocking-filler sizes
To the best of my knowledge, I have never used up an entire bottle of nail polish. Long before the halfway mark, the contents have separated into an unrecognisable gloop. Likewise, lipsticks, glosses, face masks – the mere idea of calculating the cost of the half-full tubs and tubes that I've binned over the years is depressing.
Of course, most of these are items that you tend not to use daily, so it's no wonder the best-before date comes around faster than the bottom of the container. Conversely, I can't be the only one who seems to constantly run out of moisturiser, mascara and black eyeliner.
This is the time of year, then, to capitalise on dinky stocking-filler sizes. Perfect for when you know your fling with glittery nails is going to be short-lived or when you simply want to give something a trial, they also slip pleasingly into your handbag. And you can never discount the fun of holding a scaled-down bottle of shower gel and pretending to be a giant.
Life & Style blogs
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Doctors are allowed to have personal beliefs, just as long as these beliefs do not interfere with th...
BBC journalist Justin Webb talks about his experiences of the advances in preventing heart attacks a...
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Salary Package - £60K to £120K: Austen Lloyd: We have an exciting op...
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer - Urgent Requirem...
£70000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus, flexible working hours, remote work: Progre...
£50000 - £56000 per annum + Benefits package, flexible working hours: Progress...