How To Be Beautiful: Capitalise on stocking-filler sizes
Sunday 25 November 2012
To the best of my knowledge, I have never used up an entire bottle of nail polish. Long before the halfway mark, the contents have separated into an unrecognisable gloop. Likewise, lipsticks, glosses, face masks – the mere idea of calculating the cost of the half-full tubs and tubes that I've binned over the years is depressing.
Of course, most of these are items that you tend not to use daily, so it's no wonder the best-before date comes around faster than the bottom of the container. Conversely, I can't be the only one who seems to constantly run out of moisturiser, mascara and black eyeliner.
This is the time of year, then, to capitalise on dinky stocking-filler sizes. Perfect for when you know your fling with glittery nails is going to be short-lived or when you simply want to give something a trial, they also slip pleasingly into your handbag. And you can never discount the fun of holding a scaled-down bottle of shower gel and pretending to be a giant.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
£35000 - £40000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: .Mid Level V...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Competitive Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Dig...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Car, Medical, Fuel + More!: Progressive Recruitmen...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits: Progressive Recruitment: An absolutely o...