How to be beautiful: Glow of happiness
Sunday 01 January 2012
However you chose to see in 2012, the mirror is rarely kind on New Year's Day. Cold weather, low light and the drip-drip effect of a month of elevated indulgence gleefully conspire to make sure we look most jaded on this symbolic day of renewal.
Lacklustre winter skin is likely to be the primary cause of our discomfort at this time of year. Even the effects of that kilo of Quality Street can be overlooked if your face glows with health.
Regrettably, here comes the double bind: truly radiant skin is best achieved by the same means with which the old Quality Street is offset – good diet and exercise. But no one wants to hear that right now, do they?
Be grateful, then, that skin is more co-operative than bathroom scales when it comes to quick fixes. A micro-exfoliator, good-quality face mask and the addition of a serum under your moisturiser are short cuts to smoother skin that looks more luminous. None is a solution in itself, but they'll help bridge the gap as you steel yourself for the longer-term approaches.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: SQL Impl...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: SQL Technical ...
£85000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Head of IT (Windows, Server, VMware, SAN, ...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Lead C# Develo...