How To Be Beautiful: Scrub up nice
Sunday 13 January 2013
Exfoliation is just about the only thing you can do to feel instantly better about the state of your physical being.
At this time of year, when you're no longer festively throwing caution to the wind, but desperately trying to refocus the long view, this kind of instantaneity is particularly welcome. But frankly, the transformative powers of a bathtime scrub-up, softening and smoothing dull dry skin in mere minutes, are always pretty satisfying to witness.
It's for this reason that exfoliation is the beauty equivalent of crack. Once you start, you just want to do it all the time. Fortunately, most of the skin on your body can take more frequent and more vigorous polishing than that on your face, although after a certain point the benefits tail off, so save your quality products and limit yourself to a couple of times a week. That way you're unlikely to find yourself on your knees desperately seeking pennies for another scrub any time soon.
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: Phase Co-ordinator for Foundation and Key S...
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: SEN Teacher We have a fantastic special n...
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: My client is an 11-18 all ability co-educat...
£100 - £150 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Year 6 Teacher Birmingham Jan 2015...