How To Be Beautiful: Scrub up nice
Sunday 13 January 2013
Exfoliation is just about the only thing you can do to feel instantly better about the state of your physical being.
At this time of year, when you're no longer festively throwing caution to the wind, but desperately trying to refocus the long view, this kind of instantaneity is particularly welcome. But frankly, the transformative powers of a bathtime scrub-up, softening and smoothing dull dry skin in mere minutes, are always pretty satisfying to witness.
It's for this reason that exfoliation is the beauty equivalent of crack. Once you start, you just want to do it all the time. Fortunately, most of the skin on your body can take more frequent and more vigorous polishing than that on your face, although after a certain point the benefits tail off, so save your quality products and limit yourself to a couple of times a week. That way you're unlikely to find yourself on your knees desperately seeking pennies for another scrub any time soon.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: One of the South East's fastest growing full s...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£30000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Estimating, preparation of tech...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will work as part of a smal...