How to the look: Hybrid boots
Sunday 13 October 2013
So designers have been tinkering away in the atelier, cross-breeding boots. What with? Backpacks? Bikinis? Tomato plants?
Nothing so avant-garde, I'm afraid. We're just dealing with small modifications, and all within the footwear genus. Thus we now have shoots (shoe-boots) and shbandals (shoe-boot-sandals).
Not the shbandal! I hope you're not advocating boots with peep-toes again. The raison d'être of a boot is to keep your toes warm and save you money on a pedicure, you know.
Could I interest you in a peep-heel, instead? Asos, for instance, has a punky patent buckled style called Auckland (£55, asos.com) with a cutaway heel that's perfect for those days when your toes are chilly but the backs of your feet are just too darn hot.
How terribly practical. Try another one on me…
OK, slightly less bonkers and decidedly more elegant are these ever-so-slightly sparkly, slash-fronted "Blythe" shoe-boots from Danish label Ganni (£185, plumo.com, above). More delicate than your usual ankle boot with the deep V-opening, they'll keep both toes and heels toasty. No, don't say anything… you're welcome!
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: One of the South East's fastest growing full s...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£30000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Estimating, preparation of tech...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will work as part of a smal...