How to the look: Hybrid boots
Sunday 13 October 2013
So designers have been tinkering away in the atelier, cross-breeding boots. What with? Backpacks? Bikinis? Tomato plants?
Nothing so avant-garde, I'm afraid. We're just dealing with small modifications, and all within the footwear genus. Thus we now have shoots (shoe-boots) and shbandals (shoe-boot-sandals).
Not the shbandal! I hope you're not advocating boots with peep-toes again. The raison d'être of a boot is to keep your toes warm and save you money on a pedicure, you know.
Could I interest you in a peep-heel, instead? Asos, for instance, has a punky patent buckled style called Auckland (£55, asos.com) with a cutaway heel that's perfect for those days when your toes are chilly but the backs of your feet are just too darn hot.
How terribly practical. Try another one on me…
OK, slightly less bonkers and decidedly more elegant are these ever-so-slightly sparkly, slash-fronted "Blythe" shoe-boots from Danish label Ganni (£185, plumo.com, above). More delicate than your usual ankle boot with the deep V-opening, they'll keep both toes and heels toasty. No, don't say anything… you're welcome!
Midsummer swimwear season is well and truly upon us – but diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a FTSE 100 organisation are u...
£300 - £350 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...
£33000 per annum + pension, 25 days holiday: Ashdown Group: A highly successfu...