Little luxuries: Spring nail colours
The sugary-sweet ice-cream shades that arrive each spring have come on in leaps and bounds since the streaky, Tipp-Ex-like formulations of old. And as such they are infinitely more mature than they may appear at first sight.
While fun, there's nothing childish about this trend – elegant pastel shades have been reclaimed by some of the most innovative designers on the catwalk after all, ensuring there's a sharper edge to the sugar and spice.
Whichever shade you opt for, a quick file and base coat will not only extend the longevity of a lick of paint, but ensure that nails don't suffer.
(From left to right in image) 1. Celebration nail lacquer in 419 Coral Red, £4.90, kikocosmetics.co.uk
2. Hi shine gel effect nail polish in Shine Papaya, £3.99, Barry M, available nationwide
3. Colour Riche Nails in Perle de Jade, £4.99, L'Oreal, available nationwide
4. Nail polish in Sharks Left, £22 for set of two, Pierre Hardy for Nars, narscosmetics.co.uk (available 1 May)
5. La Laque Couture in Vert d'Orient, £18, yslbeauty.co.uk
6. Feather effect nail polish in Edinburgh, £11, nailsinc.com
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity to...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Trainee Managers are required to join the UK's...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will maximise the effective...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + uncapped commission : SThree: Hello! I know most ...