Little luxuries: Spring nail colours
The sugary-sweet ice-cream shades that arrive each spring have come on in leaps and bounds since the streaky, Tipp-Ex-like formulations of old. And as such they are infinitely more mature than they may appear at first sight.
While fun, there's nothing childish about this trend – elegant pastel shades have been reclaimed by some of the most innovative designers on the catwalk after all, ensuring there's a sharper edge to the sugar and spice.
Whichever shade you opt for, a quick file and base coat will not only extend the longevity of a lick of paint, but ensure that nails don't suffer.
(From left to right in image) 1. Celebration nail lacquer in 419 Coral Red, £4.90, kikocosmetics.co.uk
2. Hi shine gel effect nail polish in Shine Papaya, £3.99, Barry M, available nationwide
3. Colour Riche Nails in Perle de Jade, £4.99, L'Oreal, available nationwide
4. Nail polish in Sharks Left, £22 for set of two, Pierre Hardy for Nars, narscosmetics.co.uk (available 1 May)
5. La Laque Couture in Vert d'Orient, £18, yslbeauty.co.uk
6. Feather effect nail polish in Edinburgh, £11, nailsinc.com
Life & Style blogs
The Last of Us: Ashley Johnson says she would play Ellie in a sequel
Schematics from Israel's Iron Dome missile shield 'hacked' by Chinese, says report
Meow Chat: New messaging app combines Tinder and WhatsApp - but is it safe?
Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and me: How Olivier Rousteing is revitalising the house of Balmain
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...