Little luxuries: Spring nail colours
The sugary-sweet ice-cream shades that arrive each spring have come on in leaps and bounds since the streaky, Tipp-Ex-like formulations of old. And as such they are infinitely more mature than they may appear at first sight.
While fun, there's nothing childish about this trend – elegant pastel shades have been reclaimed by some of the most innovative designers on the catwalk after all, ensuring there's a sharper edge to the sugar and spice.
Whichever shade you opt for, a quick file and base coat will not only extend the longevity of a lick of paint, but ensure that nails don't suffer.
(From left to right in image) 1. Celebration nail lacquer in 419 Coral Red, £4.90, kikocosmetics.co.uk
2. Hi shine gel effect nail polish in Shine Papaya, £3.99, Barry M, available nationwide
3. Colour Riche Nails in Perle de Jade, £4.99, L'Oreal, available nationwide
4. Nail polish in Sharks Left, £22 for set of two, Pierre Hardy for Nars, narscosmetics.co.uk (available 1 May)
5. La Laque Couture in Vert d'Orient, £18, yslbeauty.co.uk
6. Feather effect nail polish in Edinburgh, £11, nailsinc.com
Life & Style blogs
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Penis size: is there a correlation with sexual satisfaction? A scientific look
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 Bali nine: Welcome to 'Execution Island' – the Indonesian holiday resort where foreigners are sent to die
- 4 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 5 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior VMware Platform En...
£10000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A distributor of specialist ele...
£17000 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A distributor of specialist ele...
£32000 per annum + pension, healthcare & 23 days holiday: Ashdown Group: A gro...