Little luxuries: Spring nail colours
The sugary-sweet ice-cream shades that arrive each spring have come on in leaps and bounds since the streaky, Tipp-Ex-like formulations of old. And as such they are infinitely more mature than they may appear at first sight.
While fun, there's nothing childish about this trend – elegant pastel shades have been reclaimed by some of the most innovative designers on the catwalk after all, ensuring there's a sharper edge to the sugar and spice.
Whichever shade you opt for, a quick file and base coat will not only extend the longevity of a lick of paint, but ensure that nails don't suffer.
(From left to right in image) 1. Celebration nail lacquer in 419 Coral Red, £4.90, kikocosmetics.co.uk
2. Hi shine gel effect nail polish in Shine Papaya, £3.99, Barry M, available nationwide
3. Colour Riche Nails in Perle de Jade, £4.99, L'Oreal, available nationwide
4. Nail polish in Sharks Left, £22 for set of two, Pierre Hardy for Nars, narscosmetics.co.uk (available 1 May)
5. La Laque Couture in Vert d'Orient, £18, yslbeauty.co.uk
6. Feather effect nail polish in Edinburgh, £11, nailsinc.com
Life & Style blogs
Imagination Quotient tests could lead to smartphone app that boosts your creativity
Asexuality: when life isn't all about sex
Twitter deletes plagiarised jokes for 'copyright infringement'
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Instagram and Facebook have 'totally changed' the way people buy clothes in the age of the selfie
- 1 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 2 37-year-old black woman found dead in police custody
- 3 Five-year-old boy forced classmate to simulate oral sex at primary school, claims mother
- 4 Jon Snow alive? New Game of Thrones toy line suggests he's not among the dead
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
£50 - £60 per annum: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Project Manager / IT Project Ma...
£21000 - £50000 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: Class Teachers seeking perma...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: A popular, 'Good' school loc...
£20000 - £45000 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am working on behalf of a ...