Power dressing essentials
Saturday 24 October 2009
Before you come over all Working Girl 2, a word of warning: this season's power dressing is not simply to be confused with the Eighties revival.
It's influenced by the decade undoubtedly, but is also grounded in couture, tailoring, rock chicks and minimalism.
This season's power ethic borrows from all trends but is slave to none.
The most important rule is simplicity: wear pieces you like, that make you feel in control – and that make others not a little bit uncomfortable.
Take French Vogue-editor chic as your starting point and hone a style that is smart but cool, relaxed but still bang on the money.
Life & Style blogs
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
This company will heat your house for free if you have room for its servers
- 1 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 4 The top 50 cities for young people to live in
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Senior Digital Marketing Cons...
£16640 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Assistant Stores Keeper is r...
£16000 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an excellent opportunit...
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Developer required to join a bu...