Go for it with polka-dot print this season – it's a look that's seldom out of the spotlight, says Emma Akbareian
Sunday 01 September 2013
Polka dots are not so much a new-season trend but a retro classic that reappear with gusto every now and then. Miuccia Prada set the scene for the season when she chose to show them in abundance on the runway in Paris for the autumn/winter Miu Miu collection, first as neck-scarf accents and later in head-to-toe looks. And then it was the print of choice for the post-pregnancy Duchess of Cambridge when revealing her newborn son to the world.
Spots are one of the most versatile prints you can wear; for understated and subtle, go for tiny dots on dark fabrics, a dress or a jumper is an easy way to wear this look. For something bolder, choose larger spots in bright colours and mix and match pieces for a more eclectic take on the trend.
Photographer Claire Pepper
Stylist Emma Akbareian
Model Juliette at Models 1
Hair and make-up Camilla Hewitt using Bobbi Brown & OPI
Photographer’s assistant Ciaran Woolcombe
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
The face of fertility: why do men find women who are near ovulation more attractive?
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are the go-to company for ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join the UK's leadin...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This caravan dealership are currently recruiti...