Go for it with polka-dot print this season – it's a look that's seldom out of the spotlight, says Emma Akbareian
Sunday 01 September 2013
Polka dots are not so much a new-season trend but a retro classic that reappear with gusto every now and then. Miuccia Prada set the scene for the season when she chose to show them in abundance on the runway in Paris for the autumn/winter Miu Miu collection, first as neck-scarf accents and later in head-to-toe looks. And then it was the print of choice for the post-pregnancy Duchess of Cambridge when revealing her newborn son to the world.
Spots are one of the most versatile prints you can wear; for understated and subtle, go for tiny dots on dark fabrics, a dress or a jumper is an easy way to wear this look. For something bolder, choose larger spots in bright colours and mix and match pieces for a more eclectic take on the trend.
Photographer Claire Pepper
Stylist Emma Akbareian
Model Juliette at Models 1
Hair and make-up Camilla Hewitt using Bobbi Brown & OPI
Photographer’s assistant Ciaran Woolcombe
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Executive - Wim...