Style shrinks: Our experts analyse actress Rosamund Pike's startling day out at the polo
Gemma Hayward: This natural beauty doesn't need a lot of slap, and I like the nude-coloured lippie took, but the hairstyle dates her – let your hair down, love.
Hugh Montgomery: Yes, we agree about the staid up-do, a style that should henceforth be known as "a Burford beehive" for its suitability for Cotswold weddings.
Gemma: Designer Mary Katrantzou is a name to be reckoned with at present, but that doesn't mean she's for everyone. Pike doesn't look at ease in this extravagant print.
Hugh: Oh dear, it seems Pike's recent foray into rubbish 3D films, vis-à-vis Wrath of the Titans, has rubbed off on her fashion sense, judging by the unfortunate immersiveness of this nausea-inducing print.
Gemma: She matched her shoes to the pink in the pattern of her dress, but that doesn't make them nice; she should have gone for a modern pair of black heels to downplay such a statement dress.
Hugh: Agreed: unlike the bag, this Minnie-Mouse-worthy spotty-pink footwear is an extra layer of jolly that this outfit really didn't need.
Gemma: Another novelty lip-shaped bag. How very original.
Hugh: Harsh words, indeed, Gemma! Come on, what's wrong with falling back on a bit of jolly if oxymoronically familiar novelty fashion once in a while? (So says the man with the prized Pepto Bismol T-shirt.)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
- < Previous
- Next >
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - An excellent new instruction w...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server Developer SQL, PHP, C#, Real Time,...
£600 per day: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer C#, Win Forms, WPF, WCF, MVVM...