Style shrinks: Our experts analyse breakfast-show presenter Kate Garraway's youth drive
Rebecca Gonsalves: There's something unsettlingly youthful about this ensemble, and it might just be the jaunty angle of her hat that tips it over the edge.
Hugh Montgomery: It's quite clear: she's addled by a surfeit of inane reality-TV-star interviews and is engaging in satirical protest by dressing as Olly Murs.
Rebecca: Even Marie from 'Breaking Bad' would say this is too much purple for anyone but a giant talking dinosaur.
Hugh: I agree. And politely request a sentence-long break from my long-held belief that purple is my favourite colour.
Rebecca: We can only assume the nana slippers are a misguided attempt at balancing out the rest of her 'down with the kids' Topshop-two-years-ago clobber.
Hugh: In her defence regarding all of the above: she is at a "gala screening" of a sub-Pixar animation.
Rebecca: Kate hoping for a gig presenting the 'Great British Sewing Bee'? Why else would she have run up these out of an old Laura Ashley bedspread?
Hugh: Ah, yes, I'm getting a Proustian rush from looking at these, of childhood holidays spent in dodgy B&Bs.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Manager is required ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Panel Wireman required for small electro...
£25000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An SME based in East Cheshire, ...