Style shrinks: Our experts analyse breakfast-show presenter Kate Garraway's youth drive
Rebecca Gonsalves: There's something unsettlingly youthful about this ensemble, and it might just be the jaunty angle of her hat that tips it over the edge.
Hugh Montgomery: It's quite clear: she's addled by a surfeit of inane reality-TV-star interviews and is engaging in satirical protest by dressing as Olly Murs.
Rebecca: Even Marie from 'Breaking Bad' would say this is too much purple for anyone but a giant talking dinosaur.
Hugh: I agree. And politely request a sentence-long break from my long-held belief that purple is my favourite colour.
Rebecca: We can only assume the nana slippers are a misguided attempt at balancing out the rest of her 'down with the kids' Topshop-two-years-ago clobber.
Hugh: In her defence regarding all of the above: she is at a "gala screening" of a sub-Pixar animation.
Rebecca: Kate hoping for a gig presenting the 'Great British Sewing Bee'? Why else would she have run up these out of an old Laura Ashley bedspread?
Hugh: Ah, yes, I'm getting a Proustian rush from looking at these, of childhood holidays spent in dodgy B&Bs.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
£25k + commission + benefits: Savvy Media Ltd: Find a job you love and never h...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CORPORATE - Corporate Solicitor NQ+ An excelle...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...