Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Karen Gillan's bald statement at California's Comic-Con
The hair/lack thereof
Rebecca Gonsalves: A shaven head is quite the statement, and in this case it says that Gillan would do anything for her art. A full face of slap looks a bit odd next to a stubbly scalp, though.
Hugh Montgomery: That's the grin of someone who's just shaved their head and – result! – found out that they have no stray indents.
Rebecca: Daisy, daisy rather than anything hippy-dippy – she is in California after all – the sweet flowers scream 1990s club kid in this incarnation.
Hugh: Good choice for an actress trying to break America: which is to say it's totally Manic-Pixie-Dream-Sundance- Indie-Comedy Girl.
Rebecca: She's certainly got the figure for them, but the colour looks a little dated – better suited to the beach than an expo centre.
Hugh: "And lo, one can never go wrong with Denim High-Waisted Cut-Offs," 6:13, Celeb Fashion Bible.
Rebecca: Chunky, buckled bovver boots provide the finishing flourish on this old-school raving get-up – it's just a shame that they swamp the actress's delicate ankles.
Hugh: Ah, but these gravity-boot-ish numbers do fit the Comic-Con setting.
Life & Style blogs
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
'Game-changing' new way to fight cancer discovered
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Domestic Service Only Engineers are requ...
£23600 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Employability Service withi...