Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Salma Hayek's Transformer-tive 1970s look
Rebecca Gonsalves: A subtle hint of Hayek's jet-set lifestyle comes through in the artfully sun-lightened tips of these glossy curls. It's safe to say no Sun-In was involved in the making of this barnet.
Hugh Montgomery: A bit Charlie's Angels – as much as it pains us to say those two words, lest they inspire any more reboots.
Rebecca: Oversized aviators or glaucoma goggles – it's hard to tell, but at least the latter would explain the unfortunate choice of jumpsuit.
Hugh: Yes to the aviators, aka the current sunglasses frame du summer.
But for extra zeitgeist points, they really should be mirrored.
Rebecca: The chunky links and old gold tone are a step in the right direction but the height of the pendant should be adjusted, as should her bra.
Hugh: Chunky not clunky. Funky not junky. OK, we'll stop there.
Rebecca: An unkind commentator might start humming a song by the California Raisins at the sight of the diminutive actress drowning in swathes of grape.
Hugh: The blockish cut of the trousers rather makes Hayek look like a 1970s Transformer. Make of that what you will.
Life & Style blogs
McDonald's is finally trialling all-day breakfast
Apple expands reuse and recycle scheme, letting Android phones be swapped for iPhones
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Pacman Google Maps: company offers chance to play classic arcade game on real streets
- 1 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 4 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 5 A new (old) cure for MRSA? Revolting recipe from the Dark Ages may be key to defeat infection
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading supplier of compliance software a...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Associate System Engineer r...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Executive Assistant is required to join a l...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...