Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Tess Daly's Bafta tribute to the Golden Age
Rebecca Gonsalves: Side-swept waves and a strong red lip – the Old Hollywood glam look is a fail-safe for the slightly sun-kissed celebrity.
Hugh Montgomery: Tess's tresses: it's a suburban salon waiting to happen.
Rebecca: Don't be scared by the rocks that she got – the Art Deco design of her huge pendant earrings keeps the Golden Age going.
Hugh: If caterpillars did Art Deco.
Rebecca: Bell sleeves are an odd addition, while sheer ruffles are never going to stand up to the windswept tundra of a British red carpet.
Hugh: Is this the mythic "Gatsby glam" they speak of? Well, bless her for bringing a forgotten novel into focus.
Rebecca: This is where things start to go wrong – has she stashed her lippy and house keys in a giant sea urchin?
Hugh: Either an off-cut from a Strictly cha-cha-cha dress or a chillaxing crow. You decide.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...