Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Tess Daly's Bafta tribute to the Golden Age
Rebecca Gonsalves: Side-swept waves and a strong red lip – the Old Hollywood glam look is a fail-safe for the slightly sun-kissed celebrity.
Hugh Montgomery: Tess's tresses: it's a suburban salon waiting to happen.
Rebecca: Don't be scared by the rocks that she got – the Art Deco design of her huge pendant earrings keeps the Golden Age going.
Hugh: If caterpillars did Art Deco.
Rebecca: Bell sleeves are an odd addition, while sheer ruffles are never going to stand up to the windswept tundra of a British red carpet.
Hugh: Is this the mythic "Gatsby glam" they speak of? Well, bless her for bringing a forgotten novel into focus.
Rebecca: This is where things start to go wrong – has she stashed her lippy and house keys in a giant sea urchin?
Hugh: Either an off-cut from a Strictly cha-cha-cha dress or a chillaxing crow. You decide.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 3 Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
- 4 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 5 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
£26000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our client is a rapidly expandi...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our client is a rapidly expandi...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 - £250000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Stock Broker/ Trainee FX, Stoc...