The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
From Emma Stone to Edward Norton, film stars and celebrities wear their most glamorous looks to attend the movie premiers in Venice
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Thursday 28 August 2014
Film stars are descending upon Italy’s romantic city for the 71st Venice Film Festival, which welcomes Hollywood in their most spectacular look.
Actress Emma Stone kicked off the glamorous event at the screening of her latest film, Birdman, yesterday. She demonstrated her red carpet prowess in true movie star style wearing a stunning emerald green Valentino Couture gown, from the Haute Couture autumn/winter 2014 collection. Earlier on the day she opted for a more contemporary look with a sleek Proenza Schoulder crop top and trousers combo at the film's press conference.
Other glamorous gowns were paraded by models Bianca Balti, Liya Kebede and Constance Jablonski, and Vogue Italy editor Franca Sozzani. Hollywood men also played a role on the red carpet in sharp tuxedos, like actor Edward Northon, who took out his iPhone at his arrival to take pictures of the fans and paparazzis surrounding him.
See the gallery above for an influx of stars on the red carpet of Venice and stay tuned for the upcoming premiers.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE NQ to MID LEVEL - An e...
Highly Attractive Pakage: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - A highly attractive oppor...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (Campaigns, Offlin...
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...