The celebrity brides who want to be pink ladies
You might not think of Jessica Biel, Gwen Stefani, Jordan and er, Charlotte Brontë as being like-minded souls, but these women – along with actresses Anne Hathaway and Reese Witherspoon – all eschewed traditional white on their wedding days and decided to think pink.
When Biel tied the knot with Justin Timberlake in Italy at the weekend, she was swathed in a rose-coloured Giambattista Valli gown while JT, former Trousersnake and one-time wearer of double denim suits, sported a rather more sober tux. They make a fairytale pair on the cover of People magazine.
Earlier in the year, Anne Hathaway wore a candyfloss-coloured – and textured – Valentino dress. As well as a classy take on the colour, Anne wins points for persuading Valentino to come out of retirement to craft her frock. The least said about Jordon's big fat gaudy wedding dress the better, but Gwen beat those ladies to the hue with a John Galliano dress with a shocking-pink dip-dyed hem in 2002.
Charlotte Brontë, though, pipped them all to the post with her dark pink (almost mauve) frock in 1854. But the one person who you might think would have been part of this trend turned a (colour) blind eye when she married.
That's right: singer Pink wore white.
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Chloe Sevigny poses with a lobster on her crotch in a daring shoot for Marfa Journal
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils Nessie Street View and homepage Doodle to mark 81st anniversary of iconic photograph
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Katie Hopkins has just written a piece so hateful that it might give Hitler pause – why was it published?
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Cancel Sky at your peril: man spends 96 minutes in chat but fails to get rid of service
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Office Administrator is requ...
£12000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion and growth of ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Senior PHP Developer position with a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Operations Leader is required to join a lea...