The crowning glory
Milliner Stephen Jones has worked with an impressive roster of designers, but his next stop is the high street, says Gemma Hayward
Tuesday 16 April 2013
Stephen Jones is fashion royalty the world over, thanks to the marvellous hats he has been creating since the early Seventies. His millinery for designers and brands reads like a fairy-tale: Balenciaga, Vivienne Westwood, Dior, Comme des Garçons and Jean-Paul Gaultier to name but a few, and the late Princess Diana was also a regular client.
Those not au fait with the catwalk collections of Paris shouldn’t worry though, as now his expertise, at a more affordable price, is available in a department store near you. Debenhams is the lucky sore to secure a capsule collection from the designer, which comprises more than 20 hats and six handbags.
“I wanted to create a collection which really expresses the excitement of Stephen Jones. Working with Debenhams, I feel it brings my individual and very British style of millinery to a wider fashion public,” says Jones. “I am extremely proud of the finished collection.”
And so he should be, there is something to suit everyone from cloches and Mary Poppins-style vintage styles to more modern fascinators with plumes of netting and giant bows.
Prices range from £30 for a jewel encrusted band to £110 for a wide-brimmed number that will be a perfect partner for any summer wedding.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 4 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Charter Selection: This highly successful organisat...
£700 per day: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Developer C++, Python, STL, R, PD...
£30000 - £44000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Web deve...
£40000 - £65000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior A...