The crowning glory
Milliner Stephen Jones has worked with an impressive roster of designers, but his next stop is the high street, says Gemma Hayward
Tuesday 16 April 2013
Stephen Jones is fashion royalty the world over, thanks to the marvellous hats he has been creating since the early Seventies. His millinery for designers and brands reads like a fairy-tale: Balenciaga, Vivienne Westwood, Dior, Comme des Garçons and Jean-Paul Gaultier to name but a few, and the late Princess Diana was also a regular client.
Those not au fait with the catwalk collections of Paris shouldn’t worry though, as now his expertise, at a more affordable price, is available in a department store near you. Debenhams is the lucky sore to secure a capsule collection from the designer, which comprises more than 20 hats and six handbags.
“I wanted to create a collection which really expresses the excitement of Stephen Jones. Working with Debenhams, I feel it brings my individual and very British style of millinery to a wider fashion public,” says Jones. “I am extremely proud of the finished collection.”
And so he should be, there is something to suit everyone from cloches and Mary Poppins-style vintage styles to more modern fascinators with plumes of netting and giant bows.
Prices range from £30 for a jewel encrusted band to £110 for a wide-brimmed number that will be a perfect partner for any summer wedding.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are the go-to company for ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join the UK's leadin...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This caravan dealership are currently recruiti...