The Fashion Audit: Eau Direction, Belgium's finest, scentsational and celebrity cast-offs
What we love, we're not sure about, we're buying and can't wait for...
Sunday 18 August 2013
We love: Shellys shoes
Some things are better the second time around – take The Godfather or Take That, for example.
This month, shoe brand Shellys is hoping that the second time is a charm as it relaunches. The grungy feel to the brand’s return collection is a perfect match to the punky undercurrent of this autumn/winter.
We’re not sure about: Eau Direction
One Direction’s new fragrance drops this weekend – a saccharine, candy-floss hued flacon of teen pop pap. It’s remarkably Barbie-fied for a bunch of blokes covered in tattoos. Which begs the question: did they really have much to do with this? Not likely, lads.
One Moment by One Direction, £39.95, harrods.com
We’re buying: Belgium’s finest
We’re not averse to fashionable imports and the newest one to hit our shores is Essentiel Antwerp. A Belgium-based label, its designs are a more sophisticated take on the tomboy look – think a more dressed-up Cara Delevingne. Find it in store at Harvey Nichols from Wednesday.
We can’t wait for: Scentsational
For many, those understated cream bags with black writing are the holy grail of beauty buys, which is why a big new release is major news. This September Jo Malone is launching Peony & Blush Suede in a cologne, hand wash, body crème and candle, all featuring a pretty floral scent.
Prices from £32, jomalone.com
We’re saving up for: Celeb cast-offs
We, like many, are guilty of having too many clothes. Hardlyeverwornit.com is designed to resell these hidden gems. Just in is this Burberry coat donated by Sienna Miller.
Coat, starting bid £275; hardlyeverwornit.com
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...