Trending: Haberdashers shall inherit the earth, sadly
Following the success of The Great British Bake Off, the BBC now wants to find the nation's most talented needlewoman (or man) using a similar formula to their hit show.
It's even being made by the same production company, which put out the following advert: "From skirts to shirts, blinds to bags – if you're at home behind a sewing machine and a dab hand with a needle and thread, we'd love to hear from you."
First bread, now backstitch – it's like the Women's Institute has taken over the Beeb. While the planned show might sound about as exciting as washing the dishes, who knew that the nation would be so gripped by Janet's chocolate roulade or Jo's iced fingers?
Sure, they'll start with the easy stuff like plastic bag holders and draft excluders, but by the time they're on to making curtains, we'll all be hooked.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...