Trending: Haberdashers shall inherit the earth, sadly
Following the success of The Great British Bake Off, the BBC now wants to find the nation's most talented needlewoman (or man) using a similar formula to their hit show.
It's even being made by the same production company, which put out the following advert: "From skirts to shirts, blinds to bags – if you're at home behind a sewing machine and a dab hand with a needle and thread, we'd love to hear from you."
First bread, now backstitch – it's like the Women's Institute has taken over the Beeb. While the planned show might sound about as exciting as washing the dishes, who knew that the nation would be so gripped by Janet's chocolate roulade or Jo's iced fingers?
Sure, they'll start with the easy stuff like plastic bag holders and draft excluders, but by the time they're on to making curtains, we'll all be hooked.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 4 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - Senior Employment Solici...
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...