Trending: Haberdashers shall inherit the earth, sadly
Following the success of The Great British Bake Off, the BBC now wants to find the nation's most talented needlewoman (or man) using a similar formula to their hit show.
It's even being made by the same production company, which put out the following advert: "From skirts to shirts, blinds to bags – if you're at home behind a sewing machine and a dab hand with a needle and thread, we'd love to hear from you."
First bread, now backstitch – it's like the Women's Institute has taken over the Beeb. While the planned show might sound about as exciting as washing the dishes, who knew that the nation would be so gripped by Janet's chocolate roulade or Jo's iced fingers?
Sure, they'll start with the easy stuff like plastic bag holders and draft excluders, but by the time they're on to making curtains, we'll all be hooked.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£16000 - £46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£9 - £13 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a s...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...