Trip of a lifetime: Menswear returns to the 1970s
Autumn menswear returns to an era of rule-breakers, nonconformists and revolutionaries: the 1970s.
Saturday 02 October 2010
The tweed jacket
Back in the 1970s, coloured tweed offered a twist on the traditional countryside fabric. This time around, choose a discreet herringbone pattern and pair with a chambray shirt for an iconic look
The patterned shirt
Not the loud patterns of 1970s cliché. Subtle, abstract prints shirts give a modern feel to a vintage trend. The key is to look for patterns with very small motifs
The belted cardigan
A 1970s revival wouldn't be complete without a belted cardigan. Stick to plain colours and classic cable knits; Starsky & Hutch enthusiasts take note
The shearling coat
Once the preserve of Del Boy, the sheepskin – or shearling – overcoat is given a makeover. The fit across the shoulders and back should be as narrow as is practical
The quilted jacket
Popular in the 1970s, lightweight quilted jackets – another classic rural garment – were often cut from fabrics like satin. Not this time; cotton or nylon will suffice
GROOMING: SHARON IVE USING BUMBLE & BUMBLE
MODEL: RYAN AT NEXT
WITH THANKS TO WAGONWHEELS.TV
Life & Style blogs
The mother who never gave up on her child abused by the Oxford child sex ring
Britain scrapes into top 25 countries in the world to be a mother in Save the Children report
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
- 1 'Fire at every person you see': Israeli soldiers reveal they were ordered to shoot to kill in Gaza – even if the targets may have been civilians
- 2 Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil
- 5 Met Gala 2015: Beyoncé manages to out-skimp Rihanna, Miley and Kim Kardashian combined with near-naked ensemble
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Are you great at building rela...
£20000 - £22000 per annum + excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Sup...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Uncapped Commission: SThree: Do you want to get in...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Manager - Birmingham - ...