What not to wear when it's hot (or cold)
Finally, a worthwhile reason to emulate Cher from Clueless, who takes Polaroids of every outfit before she leaves the house: the fashion networking app Cloth has now added sartorial weather advice to its roster of indispensable services.
What started as a social-media forum for people who enjoyed showing off what they were wearing has now evolved into something rather more practical. Simply array yourself in every outfit you own and snap each in turn. The Cloth app will then tag each look by the weather conditions it will suit, be that "rainy", '"warm" or more cryptically "work", essentially building a clothing catalogue that will tell you what to wear every day, regardless of gale forces or summer breezes.
Of course, you could do what I, a fashion-pro, do – look out the window. And if you still aren't sure, stick your head out too, to check for drizzle.
Life & Style blogs
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
Exclusive interview with Jourdan Dunn: Mother, one of the world's best-paid models and ambassador for sickle-cell disease
No new blood and no fresh ideas at Milan Fashion Week: How do you solve a problem like Milano?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£70 - £90 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Higher Level Teaching Assist...
£50 - £80 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education is the UK...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...