What not to wear when it's hot (or cold)
Finally, a worthwhile reason to emulate Cher from Clueless, who takes Polaroids of every outfit before she leaves the house: the fashion networking app Cloth has now added sartorial weather advice to its roster of indispensable services.
What started as a social-media forum for people who enjoyed showing off what they were wearing has now evolved into something rather more practical. Simply array yourself in every outfit you own and snap each in turn. The Cloth app will then tag each look by the weather conditions it will suit, be that "rainy", '"warm" or more cryptically "work", essentially building a clothing catalogue that will tell you what to wear every day, regardless of gale forces or summer breezes.
Of course, you could do what I, a fashion-pro, do – look out the window. And if you still aren't sure, stick your head out too, to check for drizzle.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Cervical cancer: Charity urges women to post messy lipstick selfies to promote smear tests
Broadmoor financial scandal: The £4m of NHS funds wasted at high-security hospital
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...