What not to wear when it's hot (or cold)
Finally, a worthwhile reason to emulate Cher from Clueless, who takes Polaroids of every outfit before she leaves the house: the fashion networking app Cloth has now added sartorial weather advice to its roster of indispensable services.
What started as a social-media forum for people who enjoyed showing off what they were wearing has now evolved into something rather more practical. Simply array yourself in every outfit you own and snap each in turn. The Cloth app will then tag each look by the weather conditions it will suit, be that "rainy", '"warm" or more cryptically "work", essentially building a clothing catalogue that will tell you what to wear every day, regardless of gale forces or summer breezes.
Of course, you could do what I, a fashion-pro, do – look out the window. And if you still aren't sure, stick your head out too, to check for drizzle.
Life & Style blogs
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Scientists find the origin of 'bad' fat linked to heart disease and cancer
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a leading digital agency bu...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Charter Selection: Global leader in its respective ...
£130 - £161 per day: Randstad Education Nottingham: Do you have a qualificatio...
£6720 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Nottingham: The school is much la...