What not to wear when it's hot (or cold)
Finally, a worthwhile reason to emulate Cher from Clueless, who takes Polaroids of every outfit before she leaves the house: the fashion networking app Cloth has now added sartorial weather advice to its roster of indispensable services.
What started as a social-media forum for people who enjoyed showing off what they were wearing has now evolved into something rather more practical. Simply array yourself in every outfit you own and snap each in turn. The Cloth app will then tag each look by the weather conditions it will suit, be that "rainy", '"warm" or more cryptically "work", essentially building a clothing catalogue that will tell you what to wear every day, regardless of gale forces or summer breezes.
Of course, you could do what I, a fashion-pro, do – look out the window. And if you still aren't sure, stick your head out too, to check for drizzle.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
The distress of some Zayn Malik fans is real, and they need support, say experts
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
Gay marriage, one year on: Couples mark first anniversary of same-sex marriages
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 3 WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
- 4 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
£35000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen withi...
£13676.46 - £15864.28 per annum + Uncapped Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Re...
£13000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Every day they get another 1000...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of refrigeration, mechan...