What's the latest in summer style? We'll have to mullet over
The post-ironic mullet revival was surely one of the more lamentable trends of the past 10 years, but they seem to have now been shorn off, for the most part. Yet the wonky short-at-the-front and long-behind stylings (or Vokuhila, to use German street slang – the guilty provenance of this woeful style) have started cropping up all over the place – on people's clothing, would you fathom it.
Dresses that are cropped at the front and flowing at the back (like the one pictured, from Asos); tunic tops that bare midriffs but cover bums – the mullet is in evidence as a prolific reference right now. The only difference is that, in its heyday, the mullet was known for its "business on top and a party behind" aesthetic, and these skirts are rather different: you've got the skimpy flirty bit first and the more formal drape round the back. A Vokuhila de nos jours, one might say.
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...