What's the latest in summer style? We'll have to mullet over
The post-ironic mullet revival was surely one of the more lamentable trends of the past 10 years, but they seem to have now been shorn off, for the most part. Yet the wonky short-at-the-front and long-behind stylings (or Vokuhila, to use German street slang – the guilty provenance of this woeful style) have started cropping up all over the place – on people's clothing, would you fathom it.
Dresses that are cropped at the front and flowing at the back (like the one pictured, from Asos); tunic tops that bare midriffs but cover bums – the mullet is in evidence as a prolific reference right now. The only difference is that, in its heyday, the mullet was known for its "business on top and a party behind" aesthetic, and these skirts are rather different: you've got the skimpy flirty bit first and the more formal drape round the back. A Vokuhila de nos jours, one might say.
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...