What's the latest in summer style? We'll have to mullet over
The post-ironic mullet revival was surely one of the more lamentable trends of the past 10 years, but they seem to have now been shorn off, for the most part. Yet the wonky short-at-the-front and long-behind stylings (or Vokuhila, to use German street slang – the guilty provenance of this woeful style) have started cropping up all over the place – on people's clothing, would you fathom it.
Dresses that are cropped at the front and flowing at the back (like the one pictured, from Asos); tunic tops that bare midriffs but cover bums – the mullet is in evidence as a prolific reference right now. The only difference is that, in its heyday, the mullet was known for its "business on top and a party behind" aesthetic, and these skirts are rather different: you've got the skimpy flirty bit first and the more formal drape round the back. A Vokuhila de nos jours, one might say.
Life & Style blogs
National Burger Day: all your beefy questions answered
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini review: a watertight little brother to the S5 with a top flight screen
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education are recruiting...
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education is urgently re...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education and recruitin...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Hull: Qualified Teachers needed for Supply in t...