First look: Taylor Momsen fronts Madonna's fashion line
Thursday 15 July 2010
Just as many expected,
Gossip Girl star Taylor Momsen - who previously starred in the European New Look ads - is the face of Madonna and her daughter Lourdes' much-talked-about fashion line for Macy's, called Material Girl.
The range, which will become available at the US department store on August 3 for back-to-school season, will feature mainly 1980s-inspired clothes, including flowery bustier dresses, star prints, 'jeggings,' and even fingerless gloves.
According to a press release, the new line relies on mixing unexpected items, "like a tutu dress and studded-combat boots, or an oversized boyfriend sweatshirt with a floral print miniskirt." All items are priced below $80, with most costing less than $40.
Even though the fashion world is starting to get fed up with celebrity fashion lines, this collection is highly anticipated not just because of Madonna's star power, but also because of her successful design debut for Swedish retailer H&M a few years back. Also, Lourdes - aka Lola - has started blogging on a new site, called Material World ( http://blog.materialgirlcollection.com), prompting comparisons with fellow teen fashion blogger Tavi, and further building anticipation in the run-up to the collection release.
Watch a preview at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9FQfDWs8Wk.
Life & Style blogs
Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Apple iOS 7.1 update: Boxes are out, circles are in; CarPlay support and no more random resets
Titanfall: Release date, gameplay basics, DLC and everything else you need to know
- 1 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 4 Russell Crowe's Noah banned in three Arab countries before worldwide premiere
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client specialises in creati...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Private Cli...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residential...
£1000 per month: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ban...