Giles Deacon to launch nail polish line with New Look
Thursday 21 July 2011
The British designer has told the UK edition of
Grazia magazine that he is working on a collection of lacquers with the clothes retailer.
Letting the news slip in an interview this week, Deacon showed the magazine's editors first drafts for nail wraps in leopard prints as well as different nail colors that will all go on sale at New Look under the name of Gold by Giles.
"I really like the lilac color, and then also there's this Germolene pink that I always love, and [some] deep burgundy colors and a gold," he said. "You're getting a good cross-section - not too classic, but quite fashion, and definitely things you're going to get noticed with..."
Nail art is having a moment this year with Sephora having just released tutorials with Sophy Robson, special effects for the nails - be it crackle polishes, Minx nails, or Shellac manicures - more popular than ever, and retailers like Topshop launching their own collections and in-store nail bars.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 4 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - Senior Employment Solici...
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...