London airport offers free spray tan
Thursday 29 July 2010
Seems as if the days of the English Rose are in the past: the British capital's Gatwick airport is offering travelers a free spray tan through August 1.
Called Gatwick Glow, the tanning lounge was launched this week after research by the airport revealed that travelers were uncomfortable with baring their pale skin at their holiday destination.
Surprisingly, more men than women expressed this concern in Gatwick's poll, while more than 30 percent of all survey participants said they were dreading the first day on the beach because they weren't tanned. Yet more unexpectedly, pale skin was considered even less attractive than cellulite and bulging bellies.
Kim Francis, the airport's marketing manager, said she hoped the lounge would make passengers "feel great about themselves" and "prevent them from overdoing [the tanning] on the beach."
Life & Style blogs
The Swedes are adding a gender-neutral pronoun to their dictionary
McDonald’s launches clothing line using Big Mac prints
Facebook to test 747-sized drones that will beam broadband to the entire world
The distress of some Zayn Malik fans is real, and they need support, say experts
Chair-bound workers 'should move around every hour to reduce physical and mental health risks'
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
- 3 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped commission: SThree: Does earning a 6 figu...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A challenging opportunity for a...