London airport offers free spray tan
Thursday 29 July 2010
Seems as if the days of the English Rose are in the past: the British capital's Gatwick airport is offering travelers a free spray tan through August 1.
Called Gatwick Glow, the tanning lounge was launched this week after research by the airport revealed that travelers were uncomfortable with baring their pale skin at their holiday destination.
Surprisingly, more men than women expressed this concern in Gatwick's poll, while more than 30 percent of all survey participants said they were dreading the first day on the beach because they weren't tanned. Yet more unexpectedly, pale skin was considered even less attractive than cellulite and bulging bellies.
Kim Francis, the airport's marketing manager, said she hoped the lounge would make passengers "feel great about themselves" and "prevent them from overdoing [the tanning] on the beach."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...