London airport offers free spray tan
Thursday 29 July 2010
Seems as if the days of the English Rose are in the past: the British capital's Gatwick airport is offering travelers a free spray tan through August 1.
Called Gatwick Glow, the tanning lounge was launched this week after research by the airport revealed that travelers were uncomfortable with baring their pale skin at their holiday destination.
Surprisingly, more men than women expressed this concern in Gatwick's poll, while more than 30 percent of all survey participants said they were dreading the first day on the beach because they weren't tanned. Yet more unexpectedly, pale skin was considered even less attractive than cellulite and bulging bellies.
Kim Francis, the airport's marketing manager, said she hoped the lounge would make passengers "feel great about themselves" and "prevent them from overdoing [the tanning] on the beach."
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a FTSE 100 organisation are u...
£300 - £350 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...