New luxury magazine to center its debut issue on lipstick
Thursday 16 December 2010
A new luxury magazine, titled
Exhibition, will be hitting newstands worldwide on January 25.
The mission of Exhibition is to showcase one particular object or product in-depth for its single edition out yearly. The first theme for the glossy magazine's debut edition is lipstick. "The lipstick is a commercial object yet full of symbols and symbolism. It is iconic, timeless, intimate and generates plenty of fantasies," Exhibition editor in chief Jean-Christophe Husson told Women's Wear Daily.
The 140-page, large-format issue will include a piece on pastry chef Pierre Hermé concocting baked goods that resemble couture red lipsticks by Chanel, Givenchy and Christian Dior, articles featuring makeup artists Tom Pecheux, Nicolas Degennes and Ellis Faas on their favorite lip colors, and last but not least, a portrait of actress Kelly Brook covered with lipstick body paint shot by Ben Hassett. Contributors to the artsy, fashion-forward publication include Richard Burbridge, Solve Sundsbo and Willy Vanderperre. The editor at large is Boris Ovini
Exhibition's premiere print run is 5,000 copies, each to be sold for 20 euros ($27). There is no advertising in the first issue. The magazine is published and owned by a private investor whose name was not revealed. No website has been established for the publication.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...