New September Issue documentary to be released this fall
Thursday 29 July 2010
New York magazine's fashion blog, The Cut reports that a documentary on
W magazine's first September issue under the helm of new editor Stefano Tonchi is due out in October.
W will debut its redesign for its September issue, after Tonchi (formerly of T magazine, naturally leading to a range of consonant jokes) took over the publication in a much-talked-about move.
His first cover for August, starring actors, Rebecca Hall and Jon Hamm, already suggests that Tonchi is steering the magazine into a less fashion-focused direction, and the new documentary has apparently set out to document the internal changes at W for the magazine's (and any fashion magazine's) most important issue of the year.
The almost notorious "September Issue" previously was the subject of a highly successful documentary about US Vogue and its makers - most notably Anna Wintour, Grace Coddington, and André Leon Talley - by R.J. Cutler. "The bad thing about being the second magazine to do this kind of thing," writes The Cut, "is that the most obvious title - The September Issue - has already been taken."
There is no word yet on how broadly the finished film will be distributed.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...