2010 will be...turquoise
Monday 14 December 2009
If leading color guide Pantone is to be believed, 15-5519 Turquoise's "serene qualities of blue" and "invigorating aspects of green" will be defining next year's mood.
According to the experts, turquoise is "believed to be a protective talisman, a color of deep compassion and healing, and a color of faith and truth [...]."
"We also find that Turquoise represents an escape to many," said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, "taking them to a tropical paradise that is pleasant and inviting, even if only a fantasy."
The color translates especially well into fashion and interiors due to its flattering qualities and its universal appeal that makes it easy to pair up with other colors: "Turquoise adds a splash of excitement to neutrals and browns, complements reds and pinks, creates a classic maritime look with deep blues, livens up all other greens, and is especially trend-setting with yellow-greens," Pantone said.
In particular, the color experts imagine the color to go well with trendy spas, bridesmaid dresses, and tableware.
Here are the trending colors from the past decade:
2001: Fuchsia Rose
2002: True Red
2003: Aqua Sky
2005: Blue Turquoise
2006: Sand Dollar
2007: Chili Pepper
2008: Blue Iris
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Chloe Sevigny poses with a lobster on her crotch in a daring shoot for Marfa Journal
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils Nessie Street View and homepage Doodle to mark 81st anniversary of iconic photograph
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Katie Hopkins has just written a piece so hateful that it might give Hitler pause – why was it published?
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Cancel Sky at your peril: man spends 96 minutes in chat but fails to get rid of service
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Office Administrator is requ...
£12000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion and growth of ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Senior PHP Developer position with a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Operations Leader is required to join a lea...