Boys, it's time for bustles and nail-covered balaclavas
London Fashion Week's experimental edge was in evidence at the event's first full day of menswear. Any one missing the week's usual quota of gimp masks could sigh with relief at the Hellraiser-meets-Leigh-Bowery, nail-covered leather balaclavas by Jaiden rVa James, part of the Fashion East exhibition.
Daring designs for men included bustles of peacock satin or stiff red ribbon by Lou Dalton, or haunting skeleton masks and body jewellery by Katie Eary, a designer to watch. Inspired by William Burroughs's books Junky and Naked Lunch, her collection offered tights painted with bones, jeans shredded to suggest ligaments and gold rope necklaces swathed across the chest like a jewelled ribcage.
For the man wishing to make a less radical statement, there was the sharp, minimalist tailoring of Topman Design: narrow suit jackets and ankle-length trousers in shiny silks; T-shirts with abstract patterns worn under jackets and jersey trousers with tapered legs.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
British Breakfast Awards 2015: London restaurant wins prize for inventive take on the Full English
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£96000 - £200000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Looking for a better earning p...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly expanding company in ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A PA is required to join a leading provider of...